Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently Bought a CZ52 one of the things I got with it was a 9mm Barrel. How reliable are they? My guess is that it wouldn't function all that well since the size difference between tokk and 9m. Are they valuable? I did some searching cant find anyone that has them for sale. If I could find a spare slide it would be possible to switch out slides in order to change caliber?

·
Silver Bullet member
422 Posts
Switching out the barrels is just as easy as changing slides. Yes, they do work. The CZ52 was actually designed for the 9x19 but had to be changed over to meet CCCP requirements. You do have to watch the extractor however. Some CZ52s where shipped with both barrels, in other cases aftermarket barrels were being sold. They stopped selling them about 3 years ago do to quality control issues (wrong OD for the slides).

·
Platinum Bullet Member
8,104 Posts
Never had a problem with mine, and it swaps out in seconds.

·
Gold Bullet member
458 Posts
Have a ready supply of mags, some feed reliably, some don't. I have the worst luck in tweeking feed lips. There are places that sell modified extractors, and there are sites that show how to file off the little bit needed to feed reliablly. Extractors are cheap, just get an extra.

Many get the cam assy with extra's to make a quick change out possible. If you have a FAC Barrel, get an engraver or something to mark the barrel 9mm Luger, they are not marked.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.