Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a CZ 83 9 mak and trying to find out year and value. SN is A196091. Any ideals. Thanks

·
Registered
31 Posts
If your pistol is chambered for 9x18 "9mm mak", you have yourself a CZ82 (or more correctly vz. 82). If it is chambered for .380 cal (9mm kurtz, 9x17), then it would be a CZ83.
If you see "she83X" stamped on the right side of the frame above the triggger guard, then that represents your CZ vz. 82 was made in 1983...its second year of production. Mine has "she88X"...manufactured in 1988.
The "X"is actually crossed swords indicating it was made for the Czech military.
The same "X" will hopefully appear on your magazine or magazines. If so, NEVER SELL THEM. Most aftermarket magazines will jam every 3rd or 4th round. "Crossed Sword" magazines will run flawlessly. Lots of information on line.
The CZ82 is a VERY FINE pistol and considered by many as the best of the 9x18 (9mm mak) pistols.
Enjoy!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If your pistol is chambered for 9x18 "9mm mak", you have yourself a CZ82 (or more correctly vz. 82). If it is chambered for .380 cal (9mm kurtz, 9x17), then it would be a CZ83.
If you see "she83X" stamped on the right side of the frame above the triggger guard, then that represents your CZ vz. 82 was made in 1983...its second year of production. Mine has "she88X"...manufactured in 1988.
The "X"is actually crossed swords indicating it was made for the Czech military.
The same "X" will hopefully appear on your magazine or magazines. If so, NEVER SELL THEM. Most aftermarket magazines will jam every 3rd or 4th round. "Crossed Sword" magazines will run flawlessly. Lots of information on line.
The CZ82 is a VERY FINE pistol and considered by many as the best of the 9x18 (9mm mak) pistols.
Enjoy!
Thanks for the info. Mine is definitely marked cz83 9 mako

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the info. Mine is definitely marked CZ83 9mm Makorov, I read they did make a cz83 in 9mak but a lot less common

·
Registered
31 Posts
I stand corrected and I see my err! I was assuming that you were in possession of one of the older surplus models. Yours is, of course, the newer commercial model. Very nice, indeed. I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the newer ones.
I send my apologies.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have a cz cz82 she88X (9×18). I don't know anything about it and I'm trying to find anything about it. I also have 2 magazines for it and they both have a X on them. If anyone could tell me a little about it I would be very grateful. Thank you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I have a cz cz82 she88X (9×18). I don't know anything about it and I'm trying to find anything about it. I also have 2 magazines for it and they both have a X on them. If anyone could tell me a little about it I would be very grateful. Thank you.
Welcome,Veteran!
You have a nice military / police surplus pistol with two very sought after magazines! Here's a few websites that I bookmarked for CZ82 information and reference:

Enjoy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts