Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how many 1908/34 rifles were made by CZ? This one appears to be 7mm Mauser. None of my reference books talk about this model being made by CZ. Thanks.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have one of these, and a few years back when Ball was revising his book, I offered pictures to include in the revision, but to no avail. I seems to be the "ignored" version of the VZ-24.

Kevin in Or.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
Here is mine,I bought it a few years ago from CIA in a "odd lot" buy. It was from a lot they bought from Springfield Sporters. Think I paid $40. for it. 7mm. 21" barel. No Import mark.None of the 6 or 7 guns I got from that batch had import marks.

·
Diamond Member with Oak Leaves and Swords
3,472 Posts
Brazil purchased 100,500 of these 7 m/m carbines from Brno in 1937. Because of barrel length, sight guard, bolt handle and many other differences, this rifle is not a Vz.24. Czechoslovak literature refers to it was the "Musketon Model 12/33". Only Brazil and Salvador bought the 12/33. The Salvadoran version is rare since they purchased only 5,600 carbines. The Brazilian version, their "Model 1908/34", is common, having been imported in large numbers over a ten year period after the 1968 Gun Control Act was repealed in the late 1980's.
Regards,
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts