Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
7,712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anybody has tuned the triggers on their 82's. The trigger on mine in single action is a little mushy. Can a good gunsmith tune these?

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
DUUH... I Dunno...

I've done it on my CZ-52; as soon as my new CZ-82 gets here from SOG, I'll look into it for ya!

·
Registered
480 Posts
I'm new to the CZ-82, so new that I haven't figured out how to completely disassemble one yet. That said, I have the impression from things that I've read online that the -82 single action trigger does NOT lend itself to much crispening up simply by reason of the hammer/sear geometry, and that attempts to get a crisp letoff may just ruin the parts you're working on.

The single action pull on mine IS "mushy" compared to many other pistols, but I've found that in all but the most deliberate accuracy shooting it becomes quite comfortable and natural after you shoot it a lot. In a side-by-side with one of my Makarovs, for example, doing draw-and-engage exercises against IDPA targets, the trigger on the Makarov (not a breaking-glass-rod by any means, but crisper than the -82 by a good bit) did not produce any different results on target. Even in more-deliberate shooting at 50 yard steel plates, the softer trigger of the CZ is something that I adapt to fairly quickly. So even though it is different, it still works just fine for me, for all but bullseye targets.

·
Copper Bullet member
10,407 Posts
I was just wondering if anybody has tuned the triggers on their 82's. The trigger on mine in single action is a little mushy. Can a good gunsmith tune these?
May be a question of personal choice. I happen to like the trigger on my CZ-82. It shoots real good.

·
Registered
29 Posts
While the trigger is mushy with considerable take-up, I found it to be comfortably consistent. Double-taps were surprisingly easy.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I love the pull on mine also.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Trigger "Break In"?

When my CZ-82 arrived Friday afternoon, it had a pretty horrid trigger.

Back when I was a NH State Trooper we used to "excersize" the DA triggers of our S&W service revolvers for hours on end to wear them in, per advice of the S&W Armorers at the time.

We would drive our significant others nuts by watching TV on our off duty evenings, snapping our revolvers at the bad guys on "Kojak" etc... Remember him?

Not only did this practice help us to develop the proper "staging" technique of DA fire, but it did, in time, smooth up the action.

So I have spend a while excersizing my CZ-82, both in DA and SA mode. And by the time I took it shooting this afternoon (Sat. 10/13) the trigger feels a lot better already.

My trigger finger got a pretty good work out, too!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts