Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

I have a CZ 82 that I'm selling and just noticed before packing (haven't fired it, but might try after finding this) that the hammer doesn't seem to fully fall on the firing pin after pulling the trigger. The trigger pull and everything feels great, but it doesn't seem to fall fully. That is dry firing (not something I do a lot of without snap caps). I might try to fire a few rounds and see what happens. Should the hammer fully seat when uncocked? Or does it not do that to avoid accidental discharges if the gun is struck hard? I don't know much about these.

Korey

·
Registered
270 Posts
Normal, the pic is of mine, it's chambered, I fill the mag, insert, pull the slide, grab the hammer, pull the trigger, and let it rest. It's ready to fire when I pull the trigger again.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Methinks the hammer rebounds. Put a pencil, eraser first, into the EMPTY barrel and point up....pull trigger.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Methinks the hammer rebounds. Put a pencil, eraser first, into the EMPTY barrel and point up....pull trigger.
Not following you. It is chambered, if that's the correct term. If I pull the trigger, it'll fire the chambered round.
Next time I'm at the range, I'll take pics of the hammer position after firing.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
When the hammer strikes the firing pin, it is so fast that you cannot actually see the impact. The Cz82 has a rebounding hammer, as the Mr. Mitch said, which means that the hammer (whether at rest, or after falling on an empty chamber) will rest just slightly away from the pin. This is a safety feature to prevent accidental discharge by "bumping." In fact, if you have the hammer down (without the trigger depressed) and try to push the hammer forward to meet the pin, you cannot move it. It is mechanically locked from contact. If you have the trigger fully depressed (holding it) after the hammer falls, you can then push it forward to meet the pin, because the mechanical lockwork is disabled by the trigger pull.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
This is an awesome feature to have we don't have to carry it cocked and locked and its double action on the first shot. This makes the CZ's a perfect carry gun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts