Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just a curious observation and question for the group. Not really seeing many of these anymore at the shows and was wondering why. Have they fallen out of favor replaced by the plastic guns? Has the supply simply dried up and everyone is holding them? I see a couple just now in the "for sale" section so will be watching to see how quickly they sell. Not associated in any way with that seller, but think the asking price is pretty close in todays market based on that condition. Thoughts?

·
Registered
231 Posts
I think it's like most milsurp weapons. They get imported in bunches and snapped up pretty quickly as soon as they hit the market. I got an email this morning from AIM about shooter grades they had just received selling for 229. I hit their website before 6am and they were all gone. I have a couple and they are great shooters, maybe the best in that caliber. There seem to be alot of the 380 83s on the market but 82s are pretty scarce and command top dollar.

·
Banned
6,075 Posts
cost vs market.
the 82 is 9 mak only
the 83 is 32, 380 and 9 mak

lots of other guns in the price range,
with popular ammo.
i happen to like 9 mak as a round,
but i load my own.
for a carry gun i would rather have a p64
in my pocket than try carrying an 82/83.

·
Registered
612 Posts
I think it's a combination of factors; popular caliber, unique design in many respects, reliability of function, excellent workmanship (except for the black paint) and solid construction. Once the supply dried up, prices doubled. No surprise to me.

·
Premium Member
2,322 Posts
I think it's a combination of factors; popular caliber, unique design in many respects, reliability of function, excellent workmanship (except for the black paint) and solid construction. Once the supply dried up, prices doubled. No surprise to me.
exactly right.they feel like part of your hand and feed anything.I buy them almost on sight but they seem to not to be too excessive due to the current 83 offerings-but I do not believe they offer an 83 in 9mak currently so the 82 hangs in there on price.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.