Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I shot my CZ-82 for the first time today. The first clip I ran through it with Silver Bear HPs, the third or fourth round nose dived on the feed ramp. The next clip I ran through with Brown Bear FMJ, the same thing happened. That same clip, the slide locked back with the last round still in the magazine. The last few clips I shot with Brown Bear FMJ, no issues at all. What causes this issue and the slide locking back with a round still in the mag? I'm wondering if it might have been a fluke issue since the gun wasn't really broken in.

Thanks,
Matt

·
Registered
853 Posts
Not really an uncommon problem with the CZ 82, PA63,P64 or Makarov, they were designed to function with ball. Some will feed HP with little problem, others need a bit of tweaking and feed ramp polishing. Good luck.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have two mags that AIM supplied with my CZ. On one mag, the plastic piece that pushes the rounds up extends a bit past the front lip. On the other magazine, the front of the plastic piece is flush with the metal. You can push the first 6 rounds out by hand on the magazine that has the plastic piece extending, but past 6, they get caught on the metal lip. The one with the flush plastic, even with only one round in the magazine, the round gets caught on the metal lip. When I put a full clip in the gun and repeatetly pull the slide back, all rounds chamber and eject properly.

I did shoot a whole box of Brown Bear FMJ and experienced no jams. However, the slide did lock back with a round still in the magazine.

On a proper CZ-82 mag, is the plastic supposed to extend past the metal lip or be flush with it. On the picture I have attached (taken from J&G), you can see the plastic piece extending past the metal lip.

I have taken both magazines apart and cleaned all the black gunk out and oiled them well. Did anyone else experience magazine problems with their CZ?

Thanks,
Matt

·
Banned
10,843 Posts
Ok, I will check. Should the follower extend past the metal lip like in the picture or should it be flush? Can you push 12 rounds out of the magazine by hand without the casing getting caught on the magazine lip?

Thanks!
That is one of those tweaking questions. I think what happens is that whole follower is pushed too far up and the slide engages the back of the follower which stops the slide from going into battery. If I am right, then the front of the follower has nothing to do with it... Do you see where I am going with this? You are sort of focused on the front of the follower when the real problem is the back of the follower. That is if I am right. If I am wrong then we would have to start over.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.