Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Copper Bullet member
10,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone had any experience carrying a cz-82 with a paddle holster? I am looking for a holster for when I go walking.

·
Registered
480 Posts
My -82 fits pretty well in a Fobus paddle made for the Makarov (mine is marked MAK-1.) The holster retains the gun by gripping the front of the trigger guard, and as the CZ guard is a bit wider than a Makarov's the grip is a bit tighter (better retention?) But you can still draw a CZ quickly by using a firm pull in line with the barrel axis. When I practice IDPA type drills I use this holster with both a CZ-82 and a Mak, and frankly I can't tell much difference in actual use.

·
Gold Bullet member
1,097 Posts
CZ 82 carry

I have been using a FOBUS MAKAROV paddle holster for my older model CZ83, which is identical to the currently imported CZ82, for the last couple of years. Fit and retention is excellent and the pistol draws easily.

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
I just got a paddle for one of my other guns and almost pulled my pants up to my arm pits trying to draw.
THEN...a feller somewhere told me to use Armalite in the holster.
WOW! What a difference. Still retains but draws 100% easier. Just FYI

·
Silver Bullet member
1,030 Posts
Issue Holster

One could probably do a lot worse than just use that "pushme-pullyou" leather bag of a holster for general hunting and field use. Having room for a spare mag and a cleaning rod tucked in away from the elements is a handy feature.

Apparently some chaps carry them openly, and since hardly anyone recognizes it as a holster, no one gets all that tense.
They probably think that you're just lugging around a pair of binoculars or something.

I find that the spare mag gets in the way of a clean grip and draw, and getting a holster flap clear under garments can be awkward.

For CWP "Street" carry, I think I'll look in to one of those FOBUS rigs.

Where do you get them - Makarov.com?

·
Registered
622 Posts
I got mine at Makarov.com. It fits really well. The grip rides higher than a Mak, but it works.

·
Registered
1,646 Posts
mak.com

Yes jaque, mak.com, or a local gun store in your area. I have seen then in a few places locally here. I think the military holster set-up scratched the front strap on mine. The mag was resting on that area when I purchased it. Was the mag in the holster wrong to cause that? If not, I will just leave the original holster in the gun cabinet. Here is a pic.
Click pic to enlarge:
View attachment 12156

1 - 9 of 9 Posts