Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Silver Bullet member
1,029 Posts
Reload for 9X18mm ?

Do any of you reload with cast lead bullets?

What bullet mould do you find works well for the CZ-82?
for the price, I like the LEE aluminum blocks - do they have a 9mm MAK bullet mould? I know that the X18 dia. is a little larger than the 9X19 bullet.

Can you use regular 9mm para loading dies, or do we have to get special MAK dies for this round?

I'm thinking that about 4.5 gr. of Unique behind a 95 to 100 gr. cast slug might work well - of course I'll check the manuals for starting load data just to make sure before rolling any rounds.

If my older manuals don't list the X18, could we use .380 data interchangeably? I would sort of think so.

· Silver Bullet member
1,029 Posts
Thanks!

Thanks for the leads, wrangler5; I should be able to track those items down on line pretty easily, and may well go ahead and order them up.

Nights can be long and cold up here in Maine, and it's usually a really good time to catch up on reloading!

· Silver Bullet member
1,029 Posts
Actually...

When I was a youth growing up in the White Mountains of NH between 1955 and '67 (where did you hail from?) that's pretty much what we did.

My Dad usually spent a whole Winter carving and fitting a rifle stock - and he really made some beauts.

Started reloading for .45-70 and a little S&W tip-top .32 that one of my Ancestors carried as a Mass. Prison guard in the late 19th Century.
I used to lug it around the woods as a teenager tucked into the inside chest pocket of my old WW-II "Ike" jacket.

Still have that old revolver, too.

Knock the old primer out with a small finishing nail and hammer over a hole in a piece of wood or small anvil, seat a new one with a tool made out of a door hinge with a hole drilled through one side;
Top it off with fffg black powder, and cork it with a #0 buck shot.
Jam it down with an arbor press and slather it with a little grease.

Used to pick red squirrels out of the trees with that little pistol and those buckshot reloads.

Ahh, the memories...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.