Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have two magazines for my Cz-52. One is quite worn, but works perfectly. The other looks almost new, but last weekend, a friend and I had some problems with it:

He was firing the pistol, and as the last round was loaded, the slide wouldn't go completely into battery. Furthermore, neither of us could pull the slide back.

I was finally able to push the slide forward completely into battery, and we were able to fire the last round, which seemed to eject properly.

However, the slide did not stay back as it normally should. Furthermore, we couldn't rack it back at all.

Then, when we attempted to remove the now-empty magazine, it just flat wouldn't move.

After MUCH effort, and not a little hammering on the end of the mag, we were finally able, by BOTH of us working on it together, to pull the empty mag out.

What we discovered was that the "shoe", or that part of the magazine that pushes up under the last round to raise the unfired cartridges into position to be picked up by the slide as it moves forward, was BENT UP at a steep angle, and the tip of the "shoe" had obviously caught something under the slide as it recoiled.

Also, apparently this happened BEFORE the last round was loaded into the breech.

What could have caused this?

I am going to take that magazine apart and will straighten the "shoe", and check it for end clearance, but I would REALLY like to know if anyone has had this happen to them, and what they did to cure it.

· Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One other question and a possibility: I believe the magazines hold 8 rounds, not 9. If one managed to get 9 rounds into a mag, could that damage the shoe in the manner I described earlier?

As I remember it, I was somewhat surprised to find that the newer mag held 9 rounds fairly easily.

Maybe the shoe was ALREADY bent...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.