Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While digging through my junk, I came across a 1945 dated CZ27 whose frame had the orignal serial number "X'd" out (still readable under the X's, though) and renumbered to force match the slide. I have also seen this done on other foreign weapons.

It doesn't seem to be an effort to "alter" "or "deface" an existing serial number, but rather an action taken by a post WWII government on firearms received as war reparations, and rebuilt or refurbished at some point.

Would BATF be smart enough to recognize that this was a legitimate action done by a foreign government, and recognize the historical significance of it?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's kinda what I was hoping, particularly since you can still read the original frame number under the X's. Defiinitely post war since the frame date is "45." Also, the logo on top of the slide has been milled away, leaving only the serial number. I'll try to get some photos up later.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.