Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last week I bought a RAMI from my local gunstore. New in box, still had factory grease/oil on it, immaculate condition. Came with one 10 round mag and one 14 round. Both very new, very stiff springs.

Fired both mags, and in both every 3-4 rounds I'd jam up with the round stuck in the chamber guide pointed up when the slide closed on it.

I researched this issue and saw multiple reddit and other forum posts with people talking about and sharing photos of the FTF and they look identical to mine.

Some say the spring can't push the round up in time before the slide closes and you need to get an aftermarket mag spring and recoil spring.

I find it asinine that I have to spend money in aftermarket parts to get a NIB handgun to work when it should work without failure OOB.

Any suggestions? Should I just return it to my LGS or contact CZ and try to get them to resolve it? I really love the design other than this glaring defect.

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Return it to the shop.
If they refuse to take it back, contact CZ (and consider shopping elsewhere).
Do not do anything to the firearm, it is defective, use the warranty option.
This isn't some 50+ year old surplus banger, this is NIB, they should be standing behind their product.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Return it to the shop.
If they refuse to take it back, contact CZ (and consider shopping elsewhere).
Do not do anything to the firearm, it is defective, use the warranty option.
This isn't some 50+ year old surplus banger, this is NIB, they should be standing behind their product.
Thanks, I'll do that. On another note, what are some generally reliable CC 9mms out there that have good aftermarket support?

I also have a M&P9 2.0 Shield EZ, but it's a single stack (8 rds) with grip safety only (not sure I wanna carry that in case my fatbody manages to depress that grip safety) and I can't find spare mags short of placing a phone order with S&W as they don't sell directly online. Also got it from this same LGS and they don't have extra mags for it.

Feeling quite vexed when it comes to handguns (which I want a 9mm specifically for personal defense) I'd appreciate any recommendations or advice!

·
Registered
53 Posts
You don't have to worry about the grip safety on that M&P unless you're also worried about pulling the trigger at the same time. Glocks have no grip safety and ppl carry them every day, but to each his own.
As far as another good carry 9mm, a standard m&p, glock, or just about any other are certainly better than a CZ that won't feed (I love my CZs, not bashing them).
Mags are in as short of supply as ammo, so you're pretty much stuck with what you get in the box unless you get lucky, so I'd stick with one of the more common types like the Glock or M&P

·
Registered
2,302 Posts
Can not help with any recommendations for EDC.
My carry piece changes depending on where I'm going and what I'm doing.
Around the farm I'm likely to be toting a rifle, if I'm not working fences, if I am then a full size 45ACP is my goto.
For town carry, I've got a snubnose 38 by Taurus, it hits where I aim it and has decent SD ammo on board.
Limited capacity but I ain't planning on dropping into a hot LZ, if I was I damn sure wouldn't be carrying a pistol!
Besides, if I ever need it and it ends up in the evidence locker, I will not be losing any sleep over it being there.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts