Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have Flint version also still in box

I got mine as a gift but it cost $25 at a rural Tx garage sale. I wouldn't sell mine for less than $100 as it is flint but I don't think I'd pay more than $65 for the same thing. I already have so many BP guns that mine will stay as it is for collectable value more than anything else.
Re; Percussion Kentucky pistols, most CVA & like percussion pistols sell under $75 completed so I cannot imagine a kit worth much more.
But as it has been said 'Value is set by a willing buyer to a willing seller' and nothing will change that. Example of this would be eBay auction would likely bring more $$ than a local Garage Sale.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks Rex for the offer but I think I am going to hang onto it for now. I have had it sense it was new 32 years lol. I was just trying to figure out if it had any real value.
After I posted this I did some searching on the net and found a kit from another company for $159.99
Maybe I will finally put this one together.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Touch of Nostalgia...

Thanks Rex for the offer but I think I am going to hang onto it for now. I have had it sense it was new 32 years lol. I was just trying to figure out if it had any real value.
After I posted this I did some searching on the net and found a kit from another company for $159.99
Maybe I will finally put this one together.
I assembled one of these myself, back in the late Seventies as I recall. Only difficult part was of course the stock carving which I chose to engrave with some personal flourish. Very pleased with appearance of finished pistol.

Only fired her once, and as I was living in a one-bedroom apartment in downtown L.A., real short of funds... fired her into a ten-pound sack of potatoes perched on my living room chair (with an image of blowing my hand off in the back of my mind). Blew the spuds to smithereens, but took me hours to clean up the mess and air smelled like cordite for days.

Unfortunately, what might have been a sweet hand-me-down was long ago 'Lost in the fire'. But the memory alone was worth the cost of assembly.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.