Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an excellent factory 386, milled receiver, MAK 90, with the angle cut receiver, and the ugly, stupid, butt hole stock. This fine rifle was probably one of the original Poly Tech Chinese rifles that were rejected during the Clinton gun ban and sanitized for the American market. It has the slam fire resistant firing pin, too.

Anyway, where can I get a repair piece to fix the slant cut in my receiver so I can fit a normal stock?

Also, maybe I could drill the receiver to fit an underfolder stock? What do you think?

I love the rifle, so thank you for any help that you can give me.

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,173 Posts
First off the ban was Bush Sr not clintons, although he got more then his share in as well :)

You can find a cut rear of a milled AK and do the work or maybe just take scrap steel and do likewise if you're piecing it together IMO it wouldn't matter if you made it yourself.

You can drill them for an UF stock and the receiver is cut correct for that, it might take some skill to work it and you can't drill through the import stamps many have on the rear end.

Ironwood makes a stock set for these with the wood shaped to fit the odd cut, you might just go that route as it's easier and in the end probably no more expensive.

·
Copper Bullet member
2,044 Posts
+1 on the Ironwood Designs sets!
I put one on my milled MAK-90.
(a work in progress)
I wouldn't mees with converting to an UF.
:)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it looks like Ironwood is my best choice.

Videodon, that's a really nice looking one. I hope mine will look as good.

·
Registered
758 Posts
More Than It Seems

Tailgunner, just want to remind you that military milled=receiver Kalashnikovs used two tangs to secure their butt to frame and that's part of our problem w/ these MAK-90s.

The bottom tang utilizes two woodscrews, BTW, while the top uses the standard, single woodscrew.

To get around this, the Ironwood set up utilizes a bolt thru the butt and a heavy duty washer or bolt (not sure) inside the receiver to make up for the bottom tang.

Going the underfolder route gets around this compromise of course.

I've swapped some mail w/ "Firing Line" (IIRC) of Oklahoma as they have experience manufacturing milled receivers. Haven't coaxed a conversion to UF price outta them but that's mostly my fault I suppose. The steel used in the milled MAKs is especially hard so this is a job for the experts no doubt. My hangup is that my particular rifle groups exceptionally tight downrange in stock configuration - this fact was confirmed last Sunday at the range - so I'm torn about taking any action that might change things for the worse.

Hey, Tailgunner, does the Air Farce still mount guns in the tails of our -52s? Bet they hauled all the ordnance away many years ago. Still, you're the guy to ask.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The Air Force removed the Tailgunner position from B52s quite a few years ago. I trained B52 Tailgunners for about 10 years, from 1965 - 1975. The B52s have been around for over 50 years, yet they've been modernized and are still a versatile and potent weapon system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts