Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if anyone knows of a custom wood worker, or someone who could cut custom furniture for a PSL. Or does anyone here do freelance furniture cutting work? I've tried contacting Ironwood designs and Rhineland arms, but not much help there.

Option B, does anyone have a synthetic stock set for sale?

·
Administrator
19,288 Posts
What do you want done?

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well Vic,
There are a series of choices. I will list them from my top choice for furniture to the bottom choice:

I can buy a real SVD stock and it could be filed it down to fit, and then cut the wood handguards and stain all the furniture.

2. This is the second option: On this all that would be done is cut the handguard, as I can order the stock from rhineland arms(sometime).

3. Third option. This is furniture cut by an individual on AKfiles:

Whoever cuts it doesn't have to worry about the buttplate/cheek rest. I can fabricate those out of metal/plastic/rubber.

I am willing to pay well for it, as finding someone to do the work is pretty difficult.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I too have wondered if it would be possible to make PSL furniture that looked more like SVD. Sadly you would also have to make new front and rear mounting hardware for the hand guards, seems like a real pain.

How short can the Rhineland arms stocks be cut? I like them but I like the LOP on the stock that came with the rifle.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think we are getting somewhere now:

I should have this(below) ready in 2-3 weeks, and pictures up with a range report sometime:

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Its not photoshoped, this time. I will keep you guys updated when we get something good going.

OrygunKEO, If you want I can make you any sort of gas tube you want, I am a pretty good metal fabricator, but can't work with wood at all, my woodworker Thomas made the handguard. We may have something good sometime soon, but the IMO the polymer handguard/stock are a better choice as they don't swell with moisture/tempurature and don't splinter. Gerry at confederdated armor is making my custom polymer.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
106 Posts
I have a complete synthetic stock set for sale. It has an adjustable check piece. PM me if your interested.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I don't mean to get off topic here, but combat_master mentioned confederated armor. Is this the confederated armor
in Alsea? (I grew up in Waldport, which is my reason for asking). If that's it, that is about the last thing I would have
imagined seeing in Alsea. I would be interested in having a couple of gas tubes modified to take the longer handguard.
I beleive that I have found a couple of places that may have the gas tubes for sale. I am assuming that the original
forward handguard retainer on the gas tube would have to be cut off and the forward retainer from another gas tube
used to replace it.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I have a complete synthetic stock set for sale. It has an adjustable check piece. PM me if your interested.
Thanks for offering 50BMG, but I'm getting the whole package already.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't mean to get off topic here, but combat_master mentioned confederated armor. Is this the confederated armor
in Alsea? (I grew up in Waldport, which is my reason for asking). If that's it, that is about the last thing I would have
imagined seeing in Alsea. I would be interested in having a couple of gas tubes modified to take the longer handguard.
I beleive that I have found a couple of places that may have the gas tubes for sale. I am assuming that the original
forward handguard retainer on the gas tube would have to be cut off and the forward retainer from another gas tube
used to replace it.
Yup it sure is that same Confederated Armor. I worked with Gerry to get my custom work done, hes a good professional guy. Always picked up when I called. I have a bunch of modified gas tubes in stock. I will probably sell them on gunbroker sooner or later.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.