Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here are some pics of my current project mosin. I bought this one for $20 with a shot out barrel and cracked stock so purists dont worry. I put a zb59 machine gun barrel on it and spliced in a psl stock. All joints are doweled and glued, and I am planning on fiberglassing it when all is said and done. I still have a lot of sanding and filling to do before I get to that but what do you think so far?

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
I suspect that the skeletonized buttstock will be too weak to handle the strain of opening the bolt indefinately.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks for the compliments. I will find out how it shoots tomorrow. I want to do a test fire before I do any more work. Best to find a problem before it is too late. Yes it is a rock solid mount, and bolt handle. I am highly satisfied with the mount and handle, both are very solid. I will post an update and hopefully a pic of a target with one ragged hole tomorrow.

·
Registered
323 Posts
that thang looks good.
i turned the step out of my barrel and i'm going to make a bushing for the short section right in front of the receiver.
i'm looking forward to the range report. some of the machine gun barrels do better with a rebated boat tail bullet like the lapua D166.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I shot it over the weekend and it was great! It made one ragged hole at 250yds with 1947 Russian light ball. The stock held up good, and I had no issues. The only thing s the trigger I grabbed from my parts bin had about a 15lb pull. I took care of that today and got it down to about 2lbs. Accuracy was unparalleled. Everyone wanted to shoot it. Here is a video of it in action. The muzzle flash makes a m44 look like a lightweight!

·
Copper Bullet Member
21 Posts
Extremely impressive to me. Im curious about the barrel dimensions.

I could do a search for zb59 but Id rather get the right info from you.

It looks to be around 20 inches and the diameter looks heavy at the muzzle,

maybe .9 inches? Is it easy to find one of them? Threading?

Im still building up my Mad Max rifle but I like the ragged hole you are getting.

I doubt my 20 inch cut down Mosin barrel will do that well. Ill know next week

if the rain ever stops raining here in southern WI.

·
Copper Bullet member
4,850 Posts
Where did you find that barrel? Specs? Diameter and twist rate?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts