Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've finished my homemade mount this morning, i used the existing tapped holes on the receiver to mount a 1 inch by 5 inch hollow block. Then drilled and tapped for 2 piece weaver base set. I used the 2 piece set because the scope turrets didnt match the eye relief for a ring on both sides if the turrets, so i mounted both rings in front of the turrets. It is solid as a rock (its a bsa 8-32x40mm contender scope by the way) i had to weld a bracket thats 1 5/8s long by 1/16 thick to my mount to act as a spacer ( there was a 1/16 inch gap at the rear of the mount to the top of the receiver) to rest completely on the reciever. I than took my measurements for alignment and put a small spot weld from the spacer to the peep sight mount itself, the peep sight is already sighted in for 50 yards on the dot so it needs no adjustments after scope mount i can compensate for any distance anyways. All and all it came out better than expected, im still working to get a few small kinks out. I found the mount was sitting minutely to the left, whoever drilled the holes before i bought this gun drilled slightly offcenter, not by much maybe 1/8th or less not a problem. I will post all my pictures on how i made this.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
FWIW: The Weaver one piece base for a Rem. Model 600 fits a Type 38 if the reciever is drilled and tapped properly.

Too many are drilled and tapped on the kitchen table by Bubba.:rolleyes:
well my biggest problem was they dont make an over under mount for arisakas. I wanted to keep my peep sight while having a scope for back up. I got bored one day and decided to do some grinding and cutting! it worked out well and added a nice balancing point for the rifle.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.