Gunboards Forums banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Buy what you shoot on sale as much as you can afford, reloading components same, shoot, repeat. Do this for years and avoid these ups/downs.At a match last week, all the guys complain of shortages. Was a LGS a week earlier and bought ++ old stock components in 308 310, 312 and 6.5 at old prices. Store owner was happy, I was happy. Got primers left over from primer shortage 10 years ago:)

·
copper Bullet Member
11,481 Posts
LGS is now out of hunting calibers like 30-06, .308 and even 30-30. Said hes never been sold out of these and tried placing order for upcoming fall. Wholesalers saying may not be restocked till after January. I suspect animals may not be the only thing on the menu after these fires started,

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,552 Posts
LGS is now out of hunting calibers like 30-06, .308 and even 30-30. Said hes never been sold out of these and tried placing order for upcoming fall. Wholesalers saying may not be restocked till after January. I suspect animals may not be the only thing on the menu after these fires started,
I have not been to any of the local gun stores in several years as I have a tendency to buy ammo in bulk. NGD is on (so far) for the 1st weekend in October. It is going to be interesting to see the availability & the prices there.

I wonder how the CMP people are doing in ammo.

·
Gold Bullet Member
376 Posts
Let's lose the politics and discuss ammunition or firearms.

Do not appreciate the lame political rants.
No offense, but unfortunately politics has a huge impact on price and availability of guns and ammo.
Wish there was a free market economy but that ship has long since sailed.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
Y'all just made me decide that I'm going to sell my SA .45 GAP XD. The pistol is unremarkable, but it'll come with 1000 rounds of ammo.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
No offense, but unfortunately politics has a huge impact on price and availability of guns and ammo.
Yeah, it used be said that Obama was the greatest gun/ammo salesman around. No more as it turns out that's been overtaken by the Trump virus.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Went to Cabelas in a near by town , here in Canada, to buy some components(bullets) before anticipated increased prices hit the shelves. There was lots! of hunting ammo on the shelves. I mean the shelves were full.Remington,Winchester,Federal,Norma, etc. All made in U.S. Was at local gun store a couple of weeks ago +++ ammo on shelves. Maybe people here are holding on to the $ because of pandemic economic crunch. lr maybe there are issues with shipping down there. I am hearing hear that there is an issue with getting goods delivered because of Covid impact.I ordered a pair of earphones using some frequent flyer miles. Ordered in January, got here in July. It was stuck shipping in Singapore.

·
Diamond with Oak Clusters Bullet Member
58,552 Posts
I have not been to any of the local gun stores in several years as I have a tendency to buy ammo in bulk. NGD is on (so far) for the 1st weekend in October. It is going to be interesting to see the availability & the prices there.

I wonder how the CMP people are doing in ammo.

There were a fair amount of people selling ammo. Prices were high. Also a lot of gun prices were high. But the ammo sellers were small time operators as as at most 2 tables. The two big ammo sellers (10 to 20 tables) were not there.

·
Registered
239 Posts
54r spam cans were $250 at the Gun show last weekend. Battle packs of 308 were $150 for 200 rounds.

81 - 94 of 94 Posts