Gunboards Forums banner

41 - 60 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
1,339 Posts
I was almost tempted to buy some .357 recently but it was crap ammo so no at 90 cents a rnd.

I go plink to make sure I'm still on target. I don't go waste hundreds of rounds a day. Not necessary.

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
i just picked up a small load of milsurp ammo, all still in origional containers from a unknowing friend. plus three firearms.

Attachments

·
Silver Bullet member
48,760 Posts
I would have grabbed it all to..not having room..I’d think of something..what cals....303 snd?

·
Registered
4,599 Posts
i paid what he ask for the three firearms i also got and the ammo was a after thought and offered for one price, 7.62x39-.303 brit-3006-7.62x54r.

·
Registered
842 Posts
I believe you will have to wait out the current madness to buy every round available.... or load your own.
excellent advice.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
7,816 Posts
Centerfire has in stock Bulgarian 8mm for just $33.99 per 150rd. Shipping is only $15 per order too.. I ordered 4k of it and was only charged the $15. Ammo arrived pretty banged up but I'm buying the ammo and not the boxes. Mixed reviews, depending on date/batch. Some have had a lot of hang fires, others none at all. Not a bad deal considering most surplus 8mm is now $1 per round.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Centerfire has in stock Bulgarian 8mm for just $33.99 per 150rd. Shipping is only $15 per order too.. I ordered 4k of it and was only charged the $15. Ammo arrived pretty banged up but I'm buying the ammo and not the boxes. Mixed reviews, depending on date/batch. Some have had a lot of hang fires, others none at all. Not a bad deal considering most surplus 8mm is now $1 per round.
I have recently paid .50 per for 54r surplus and .85 for USA made M2 ball. Both are a bit high but nice clean stuff that should go bang every time. I can still find decent deals but pre covid level deals are gone for a long time I fear. I consider this penance or Karma for buying everything I could when Walmart was dumping their metric rifle and handgun ammunition.

·
Registered
1,197 Posts
I believe you will have to wait out the current madness to buy every round available.... or load your own.
This.

Too many people think that reloading is A: Horribly difficult, complex and challenging, or B: Horribly expensive.

Personally, I've never bought surplus ammo. Been rolling my own since 1995.

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Between casting and reloading, I can see myself shooting on the cheap for quite a while. I haven't bought factory handgun ammo in years... a box of 9mm Mak at a gun show was the last one I can remember. As long as I can get or make components I see no need to compete with the Call of Duty players who just bought new pea shooters and have no idea what reasonable cost for a box of 45ACP is.

Rifle ammo, the only caliber I'm a tad concerned with is 223/5.56 just because I have a finite amount of projectiles to load and I don't want to get into casting those tiny little boolits. I can shoot something else if I run low though.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I'm afraid that's where we're headed here and will be our "new normal". It's nearly impossible to to find any amount of ammo right now and components are also in short supply. Combine the shortages with the upcoming election and a possible 2nd wave of covid19 and I'm thinking this could last a year or longer.
I saw that Ripoffer Than Dirt was pulling the same jack up up the price crap [100 rounds of 380 WWB for $130) as during the last shortage. I know free market Yada yada supply and demand yada yada, but I exercised my rights as a buyer from walking totally Away from them.

·
Registered
2,521 Posts
I used to have 30000 rounds in the bunker but you guys went so nuts under Obama, I had to triple my money selling it at the funshows.
But it was quite a grin listening to all the bat crap paranoid conversations while sitting at my tables milking the little brains of their money.

My favorite to this day is an Alex Jones rant which spurred Gov hot wheels Abbot (R-Tex) into mobilizing the Texas national guard to monitor operation Green Helm where it was believed there was a secret Fema camp under an abandoned Walmart in Bastrop where true patriots were going to be abducted and jailed after their firearms were confiscated.
This is a true story, hot wheels really did fall for the alex jones crazy as a craphouse rat fema camp story and he did deploy the national guard.
Operation Jade Helm, and I still laugh at those pinheads.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Discussion Starter #56
I saw that Ripoffer Than Dirt was pulling the same jack up up the price crap [100 rounds of 380 WWB for $130) as during the last shortage. I know free market Yada yada supply and demand yada yada, but I exercised my rights as a buyer from walking totally Away from them.
After seeing how bad Lower Than Dirt is, they will never get a dime of my business.

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
I used to have 30000 rounds in the bunker but you guys went so nuts under Obama, I had to triple my money selling it at the funshows.
But it was quite a grin listening to all the bat crap paranoid conversations while sitting at my tables milking the little brains of their money.

My favorite to this day is an Alex Jones rant which spurred Gov hot wheels Abbot (R-Tex) into mobilizing the Texas national guard to monitor operation Green Helm where it was believed there was a secret Fema camp under an abandoned Walmart in Bastrop where true patriots were going to be abducted and jailed after their firearms were confiscated.
This is a true story, hot wheels really did fall for the alex jones crazy as a craphouse rat fema camp story and he did deploy the national guard.
YUP. A lot of true believers. LOL.

download.jpeg

41 - 60 of 94 Posts