Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think this would make an interesting movie. I'd rather see some movies about the interesting adventures of the past than another idiot in spandex pretending he is a spider.

Bass Reeves is pretty entertaining as well. If you got Indris Elba to spend a year growing a mustache he might do pretty well in the part. He made an interesting cowboy character in the "Dark Tower" movie a while back. I really would like to see some movies or shows made in America and about America that rival the English costume drama stuff on PBS, we are pretty interesting people too.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Agree that her history would make a great movie but it would take at least three movies to do it any justice at all. There's plenty of room for some literary license here and sailors being sailors, you just know there were shenanigans galore when a before the mast jack went ashore. With pockets full of prize money and no cat to worry about There would be more than enough to keep the screen writers busy.
Just a thought, I wonder if her master preserved the log book? Hummm.
This was an interesting time in Naval warfare, with the age of sail slowly being replaced with ships that could maneuver against wind and tide and victory didn't depend solely on the weather gage. And her captain looked like a dapper but deadly serious sort of swashbuckling but by the rules sailor. Yes, that could be a great movie if done right. Full of genuine history and totally believable adventure based on facts that outpaced fiction in real life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts