Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this one on gunbroker last week with terrible pictures with a low BIN price and I just couldn't say no. It's pretty crusty and will need a lot of work, but I love it. 112th series. Rectangular guard, straight rectangular grips and an oval locking piece. I'll also need to make the wire wrap. Does anyone have a good picture in how they tied it? I assume it's just bare steel wire?
Road surface Wood Asphalt Grass Groundcover
Wood Plant Grass Tool Natural material
Finger Thumb Gas Household hardware Nail

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,214 Posts
These actual real bamboo scabbards are quite rare. Mine has what looks like three wraps of thin steel wire that is soldered across the top
Brown Wood Sleeve Font Beige
Brown Wood Rectangle Gas Pattern

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you so much! Without a frog and no wire wrap there is nothing that keeps the halves together and they just flop about. It's good to know that the halves are not clamped together tightly. If I hold them together tightly the blade just binds up in the slot.

·
Platinum Bullet member
19,214 Posts
Yeah, the frog is important to keeping this scabbard together. Congratulations on getting a rare scabbard!

·
Registered
2,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Just to verify, there is no arsenal logo on the blade?
ろた69929
No, it's a Toyoda. The stamps were just light and it doesn't show up well in the photos because I slathered the blade in oil since it was pretty crusty. If you open the photo up in another tab and zoom all the way in you can see the Nagoya mark.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts