Gunboards Forums banner

Crossroads Gun Show

9K views 21 replies 10 participants last post by  ArizonaBeagle 
#1 ·
Will be looking for ammo at the Crossroads gun show tomorrow and Sunday at the Arizona State Fairgrounds. I don't expect too much as there seems to be too little ammo and Too High prices. Will let y'all know if there are any good deals.

#4 · (Edited)
dwmmg08...Case on the left is dated 1939 one on the right is 1938.... I got them from J&G when they were selling the stuff as shooter ammo. Now they're selling it as collectible if they still have any.

cpw...There are 5 buildings 2 tents and lots of canopies...Don't really know how many tables. Probably 1,000+.

However the Small Arms Review & Crossroads Show ~ Nov 30th and Dec 1 & 2nd is listed as the largest show west of the Rockies.

#9 ·
I have a lot of FF miles with Delta saved up. Considering the shape of Delya I thought I need to use some of them. I am going to the next Chantilly show and was looking around for another one to go to.

#6 ·
Yeah..It was hot and sweaty today....Some good stuff....I got a Schmidt-Rubin K-31 for $85.00 ...A Brno Czech 8mm for $75.00 and a 93 7mm Mauser with a spare stock for $75.00.

Ammo prices were..HSM .223 FMJ 500rds $110.00
.40 S&W FMJ 500 rds $89.95
Mi-Wall .223 reloads 500rds $75.95 ~ 1,000 rds $139.95
.50BMG 150 rds $400.00 (Ball)
.40 S&W 500 rds 165gr Factory $89.95
Was there from 10:00am to 4:00 pm and got through about 2/3's of the show.

#12 ·
I love the last line of the article: "Mexican officials have been pressuring U.S. officials to cut off the supply of weapons going south." Well perhaps the Mexican government might want to address the issue of their own officials bringing weapons south after buying them in the U.S.

Something tells me the dealer who sold to them might be in a bit of a bind too.

#14 ·
AZBeagle, looks like you hauled in a good catch or two. It's pretty tough anymore to find a good K31 for less than $125, and I've never even SEEN a 7x57 mauser before. Nice score!

#17 ·
Are you sure you were at the "Phoenix" gun show?

I have been to many gun shows in Phoenix and they all have 1 thing in common... outrageous prices. With the exception of J&G sales and maybe one or 2 others, all vendors at Phoenix gunshows charge a minimum price of retail plus 50% and often much more. I commonly see $350 K31's, $400 59/66's, plain Jane 91/30's for $225 to $250. J&G is one of the few that charge retail pricing. Ammo is hit and miss. Much is over priced, there are some deals on occasion but its the exception rather than the rule. Everyone I personally know agrees with me on this. I hear about people getting good deals at gunshows but until now it has always been at shows outside of AZ. I have never heard of the pricing you paid for the rifles you purchased at any Phoenix gun show. I'm not slamming you but I would like to see photos of what you bought along with a receipt. I'm of the belief that vendors at Phoenix shows price their firearms the way they do because they really don't want to sell them unless they can find someone dumb enough to pay 1.5 to 4 times the actual value.

#20 · (Edited)
I have been to many gun shows in Phoenix and they all have 1 thing in common... outrageous prices. With the exception of J&G sales and maybe one or 2 others, all vendors at Phoenix gunshows charge a minimum price of retail plus 50% and often much more. I commonly see $350 K31's, $400 59/66's, plain Jane 91/30's for $225 to $250. J&G is one of the few that charge retail pricing. Ammo is hit and miss. Much is over priced, there are some deals on occasion but its the exception rather than the rule. Everyone I personally know agrees with me on this. I hear about people getting good deals at gunshows but until now it has always been at shows outside of AZ. I have never heard of the pricing you paid for the rifles you purchased at any Phoenix gun show. I'm not slamming you but I would like to see photos of what you bought along with a receipt. I'm of the belief that vendors at Phoenix shows price their firearms the way they do because they really don't want to sell them unless they can find someone dumb enough to pay 1.5 to 4 times the actual value.
There was a dealer there in the middle building that had all the guns left over from a closed gun shop from outside the Yuma Marine base. He was blowing them out for really reasonable prices. (He was the guy with the huge German shepherd) There was one more I should have purchased, He had a 44 Mag lever action in very good shape for $259.00. I would have bought it but I already have one.

As for pics i will try to post them tomorrow. The K-31 I bought as a shooter. The Czech was in fair to good condition. The 7mm Mauser was mechanically perfect, just that it had been sporterized. They all had much higher price tags on them, but the sale prices were on masking tape on the stocks. I still have the tags and stickers.

There were some good deals there as there are at any gun show. You just gotta search for them.

As for J&G, too hot to fight the horde around their table. It's easier to drive up to Prescott and hand pick your own.

#22 ·
Well...Here are a couple of pictures of the infamous three...Not the best looking at the show but surely some of the best buys......
7mm Sporterized on the top with spare stock
8mm Brno 1923 a little rust showing under the top hand guard
K31 Schmidt-Rubin... missing mag follower and spring

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.