Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
If you are thinking along those lines, see if you can find some plastic coffee cans. The lids seem to snap on well. Maybe a covering made from saran wrap just prior to snapping on the lid may offer an additional seal. I use them mostly for storing brass and where I work there are plenty of empties.

·
Gold Bullet member
549 Posts
I just re-label empty powder containers. Of course, if you haven't emptied any, you'll have to find an alternative ;)

regards....roger

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,958 Posts
Do not use clear containers as light will break down the powder. Ask around or look at the range for some used triple seven or similar powder containers (IMR/Hogden). Wash them out well then use them.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I pulled about 45 rounds of Yugo 8mm last night, and put the powder in the Fritos can. At the local gun shop, they have the old metal powder containers. I might pick up one or two and move the powder to there.

As for identification, I peeled the label off the Yugo box and taped it to the container.

·
PlatinumBullet Member
18,949 Posts
With a snap on lid simply put a sheet of plastic paper around mouth before you snap the lid on. You can use your everyday sandwich baggy for that and it will keep moisture and humidity out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.