Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Gold Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a reminder this morning that one of the auctions I was watching was ending soon. I clicked on the email and it said it was at $505 and the description was a "TIKKA M91" so I thought "gee I don't remember a rare M91 being up on GB right now..."

I looked once I got a cup of coffee and it had sold for $640 and it is a nice but plain M-27 Tikka from 1934! I think I have a few of these laying around. Does this mean I am rich?? LOL

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=285142375

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
Excellent news!!...that means my 1934 Tikka m27 has just more than doubled in value!!..

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,116 Posts
I saw this too - in a 28/30 stock and possibly with an M39 cleaning rod. There have been some CRAZY prices on common stuff. I'm thinking the regular M39 B that was Pat Burns mint and went for $500-600, the 1897 Tula for $1000 and a few others I can't think of off the top of my head but similar. I don't recognize any of the bidders.

I'm going to post one just like the one sold above just to see what happens. I'll probably get $250 for mine...

·
Admin Emeritus
19,073 Posts
At least you'll get a bid. That's better then 75% of my auctions when I sell.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
4,622 Posts
I saw this too - in a 28/30 stock and possibly with an M39 cleaning rod.
...this is interesting to me...MY 1934 Tikka m27 is ALSO in a 28/30 stock with an m39-style cleaning rod...hmmmm...very interesting indeed!...now, I have a $640 m27!!!... :laugh:

·
Registered
614 Posts
Im glad someone posted this. I didnt save it but I did see it at $505 last night. Today at work I started to think maybe it was a VKT and I didnt look hard enough. I was just about to search the completed auctions.
IIRC, 1934 is a pretty common year. I dont know how common 28/30 stocks are on an M27 but to me that does not bring a premium. A 1934 with a matched winged connector in early configuration might be worth that if it still has the stock disc (to me).

·
Gold Bullet member
2,294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Im glad someone posted this. I didnt save it but I did see it at $505 last night. Today at work I started to think maybe it was a VKT and I didnt look hard enough. I was just about to search the completed auctions.
IIRC, 1934 is a pretty common year. I dont know how common 28/30 stocks are on an M27 but to me that does not bring a premium. A 1934 with a matched winged connector in early configuration might be worth that if it still has the stock disc (to me).
LOL Cruddy, I'd pay $640 for a 1934 with a matching winged connector... Didn't they quit doing that in 1933? :D

·
Silver Bullet Member
4,116 Posts
I was watching this auction as well.
Besides finding great deals sometimes what is a true online auction ball park value for M27 these days? I don't think this is a $250 rifle.
I was kidding about the $250 - I'm sure it would go for that but it seems the $350-400 range is common these days depending on rarity. I picked up a 1935 Tikka recently for not much more - which is much rarer than the $640 gun. I don't understand the logic.. maybe there is none.

·
Gold Bullet Member
15,355 Posts
It does look like a brand new rifle. Must have been reworked, new wood and nearly all bluin'. Doubt there are any unissued original M27s. Only have one M27, not refinished, matchin' bolt and connector. Replacement nutwood stock. One like this is more scarce than the expensive rework.

Some guys have deep pockets, and I guess want perfect lookin' rifles. Rather have a used lookin' matchin' Finnish rifle in great shape. Could see a guy with bucks goin' after that rifle and payin' a premium, just not my cup. It is purty.

LB

·
Registered
614 Posts
What seems odd is finding a refurbed "new" M27 isnt all that difficult or expensive. My first M27 (1938 Tikka) is in immaculate condition with close to 98% blue and not a single mark on the stock. I paid $400.
I really like that rifle but the unrefurbed ones speak to me more now.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
3,767 Posts
At least you'll get a bid. That's better then 75% of my auctions when I sell.
Next time you put something up for an auction - try taking the picture of the gun on a grey blanket, not only will it sell, but at a very good price too :)

·
Registered
3,214 Posts
I was watchin this rifle too...Man at that price I wonder how much he could get for the blanket?

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.