Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,898 Posts
Orrrrrrrrrrrrr - Have it made into a cutaway display.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,941 Posts
Send it back to Waffenfabrik Mauser for a refund.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Bill,

Do you know if Warrenfabrik Mauser is still honoring the warrantee from Ludwig Loewe, or do I have to send it back to Inter arms? It is an 1891 Argentine.

Actually I should try to send it back to Century, but I don't think it is worth the hassle.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,941 Posts
Bill,

Do you know if Warrenfabrik Mauser is still honoring the warrantee from Ludwig Loewe, or do I have to send it back to Inter arms? It is an 1891 Argentine.

Actually I should try to send it back to Century, but I don't think it is worth the hassle.
Sorry, if it is Loewe or DWM you are out of luck.

·
Registered
637 Posts
I haver a cracked Japanese Type 44 (cavalry carbine) receiver. I kept it for the receiver markings, as I am probably too cheap to every own a good one. It had been drilled and tapped for a scope: I'd guess somebody had perhaps tried to rebarrel it or something.
I recall one local gun dealer used to have a display of blown up type guns of various types. Worthless but it was interesting and hopefully some people perhaps got some safety lessons out of it.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Dont destroy it ,there's plenty of skilled people that would repair it correctly to use as mentioned above .22 trainer or other small caliber custom rifle.

I've repaired far worse than that ,like M1's with 1/4" torch cut through barrel threads .
Have a 45 ACP working on now.

If you were going to render unusable a junk barrel installed and mill out ring and chamber for cutaway view would be nice display.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
I haver a cracked Japanese Type 44 (cavalry carbine) receiver. I kept it for the receiver markings, as I am probably too cheap to every own a good one. It had been drilled and tapped for a scope: I'd guess somebody had perhaps tried to rebarrel it or something.
I recall one local gun dealer used to have a display of blown up type guns of various types. Worthless but it was interesting and hopefully some people perhaps got some safety lessons out of it.
That IS interesting. I used to really be into Arisakas and never saw one with a cracked receiver. Shrapnel and bullets jammed into them, but never a crack. Where was the crack located? I modified a few into hunting rifles and welded on the receiver rings of some, but you MUST re-heat treat them.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
let's hear more about the 22lr idea... safe?
I've got several that are planned for future projects , My plans would be to make a .22 liner from a .22 rifle barrel to slip fit the original barrel with a larger tapered rear section to match original chamber .

Make a bushing to contain a rimfire FP ,which would use a shortened original FP as a striker.Mine would be based on M1 ,M14 and maybe BM59 demils .

Bolt gun would work just as good.Put up your action in Trader if you don't wont it, I don't think it would be a hard sell.

Nice cutaway rifles are also good choice for this. Low powered sub caliber rifle also good choice.

·
Registered
3,142 Posts
Accurate Welding used to get a bundle of cracked M17 Eddystone recievers once a month ,and spend a day welding and heat treating them ,before returning them to the city gunsmiths.....Accurate Welding have moved from their inner city location of the 60s and 70s to a big new factory at the port ,and still specialize in welding heat treated alloy steels ,like crane booms and 50 ton forklift parts.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.