Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=54506

The above is a thread over at M4carbine.net (Mods, I hope the link is appropriate. If not, please delete). I was somewhat amazed at how sophisticated the counterfeiters have become with regards to overall quality and copying of markings, etc., and I thought this thread might be of general interest, even if you don't own an AR/M4gery.

About the only Mosin repros (or fakes, depending on your point of view) that I can think of that come out of China are the slings, and those are of quite good quality.

·
Registered
6,858 Posts
I can't see the thread, you have to be a member there in order to see it. regardless, speaking of counterfits, I picked up a counterfit ACOG for 50 bucks at the local show. the thing looked so real, it was scary, even had MADE IN USA and the "bible" verse molded in, TRIJICON - ACOG with the register markings on it. it had weight to it, like a real ACOG, and the same size and feel as the real thing, even had the trunium reticle.

the thing I found amusing it's a TA01 NSN counterfit, but the model number is marked TA-31. they went through all that trouble to make a great counterfit, but flubbed it on the model number---that's like counterfiting a 100 dollar bill, and putting washington's protrait on it. :D

if you don't know what to look for in a genuine ACOG, you can easily get ripped off for hundreds and hundreds of dollars.

·
Silver Bullet member
856 Posts
You would be amazed at the fakes available in China. Go to the indoor 'silk market' in Beijing. There are MANY stalls with these fake sights in them. Funny, because they can't own rifles! I wouldn't trust any of them (scopes or sellers)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts