Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guy's ,just got a wild hair tonight and i was wondering which bayonet would be a reasonably correct bayonet for a m1 i have it is a h&r i got form the dcm (it was new )i believe they assembled it out of new part's ,h&r receiver,sa barrel ,wra bolt s/n 5539790 receiver.just want to start looking for one to go with it got one for my enfield the m1 a will be next.thanks in advance . i am not to up on them.

·
Platinum Bullet member
7,029 Posts
Many bayonets will fit on your rifle. The M1905 mfg. for the '03, M1942, with 16" blade, M1905-E1, which is a shortened version of the '05, and M42, M1, with a made 10" blade, and the M5, M5-1, and M5-A1, which are all three are the same. Your rifle's receiver, was mfg. post Korean war, so any of the M5s would be correct. Confused? Or, what V said. Beat me to it.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
just to throw a real wrench in the works - the M1892 bayonet 'would' fit but belongs on the krag - isnt it interesting that we for so many years insisted on compatibility and interchangeability and then we had to have a designated - non interchangeable sequence , from the M4 thru the M7 we seemed to think it had to be a designated bit [the M5 was a retrofit thing]

sounds like you have a great fit in that piece , congrats , any time you find one in the drawer it beats buying one hands down ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts