·
Registered
2,732 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Alas, all pics were gone.

Gianluca
Italy
Posted - 12/25/2004 : 05:12:34 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gents,
to wish you a Merry Christmas, I attach three picture of a beautiful Vetterli Corazzieri (Royal Guards) only 100 manufactured, serials from 1 to 100.
This is # 6. #7 was aside in the rack.

Merry Christmas to all .

Download Attachment:
129.73 KB

Download Attachment:
100.25 KB

Download Attachment:
94.41 KB

War is Peace
Posted - 12/25/2004 : 11:38:07 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Gianluca:

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Please tell us more about this beautiful Vetterli. More photos would be most appreciated. Do I understand you correctly that you have both #'s, 6 and 7? What a wonderful pair!

I'd love to have one to compliment this piece in my collection:

Pic missing, was a Moschetto 91 Guardie del Re

Gianluca
Italy
Posted - 12/26/2004 : 4:29:06 PM
Unfortunately, those Vetterlis are not in my rack, they belong to a friend of mine, collector in Rome. I visited him ten days ago and took those picture. Yes, it is a wonderful pair, considering there are only 11 Vetterli Corazzieri known in Italy.

Your 91 “Carabinieri Guardie del Re” is very rare as well. Many years ago, all these rifles were declared obsolete and delivered to Terni arsenal for demolition (yes, to the foundry). Fortunately, an officer in charge of Terni Arms Museum, knowing their history and their worth, put apart all these rifles avoiding their distruction. Then, rifles came back in service and now they are still into Corazzieri’s rifle saddle scabbards.

I can send those three Vetterli HQ pictures (640kb each), along with other rare Vetterli pics, at your e mail address, if you like.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts