Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,115 Posts
That looks like a great place to visit on a trip though the area that's for sure.

G

·
The Oregon Military Vehicle Collectors Club puts on a weekend Collectors shows at the museum every year in September and I used to set up and sell at the shows in the 1980's and they were some of the best shows I've ever set up at having set up at shows in both Oregon and Washington. The museum at the time had a PT Boat, a tank, Japanese weapons and etc and if it wasn't displayed and not to large it was stored upstairs in the museum and I was fortunate enough at the time to be able to go upstairs and see alot of the items. Also the museum has a reference library which I could have spent days in researching at the time. Mike

·
Registered
208 Posts
Eric, thanks for posting the Oregon museum pics.Imagine what the "street value" of just
the Japanese gear would be worth to dedicated collectors.WOW!

Charlie

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Snowman

The National D-Day/WWII Museum has a really cool Pacific display! They have a glass display case with a WWII Marine on one side and a Japanese on the other. They also have a really nice Arisaka rifle display. Unfortunately you can't take photos with a flash. (At the time I didn't have a digital camera.) I'd definately call it a "must see" experience!

·
Registered
6,275 Posts
The National D-Day/WWII Museum has a really cool Pacific display! They have a glass display case with a WWII Marine on one side and a Japanese on the other. They also have a really nice Arisaka rifle display. Unfortunately you can't take photos with a flash. (At the time I didn't have a digital camera.) I'd definately call it a "must see" experience!

Didn't the museum suffer some damage from Katrina and the subsequent looting?

C/

1 - 10 of 10 Posts