Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My grandfather just passed away and left me his Cooey rifle, But before he died he took the bolt out of the rifle and put away for safety. We have looked high and low but can not find it. I know the rifle is not worth much but it has very sentimental value to me. Maybe someone knows where I might find a bolt, or has a model 82 they would like to sell me for the bolt. Any help would be great.

·
Registered
407 Posts
the most valuable part of the gun is the bolt, I don't have one available at this time but they range in price from $75-$100+ when you can find them.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Just searched gunbroker.com and didn't find one.
Then googled cooey 82 rifle, still no bolt, but some info including this thread from a few months back http://forums.gunboards.com/showthread.php?p=342531 maybe try a "shout out" on that thread?

You now have me interested in one of those Cooeys.

good luck!

(I bet that bolt will show up someday, try looking in the rafters or ?)

WWGD What Would Grandpa Do?

·
Registered
2,855 Posts
look in the rafters.nooks and crannys in the basement ,garage,barn..bet it is wraped in a rag...good luck

·
Registered
14 Posts
bolt

Try Western Gun Parts Edmonton Alberta fax 403 489 5717(that's from an OLD catalogue). I believe they have a simple website. Cooey parts are a bit cheaper and common in Canada. Our local dealer may have some, and I have a couple older cooey's with bolts, don't know if batf will allow such a dangerous device into your country. good luck

1 - 5 of 5 Posts