Silver Bullet member
872 Posts
and hoping one of those thousand pounders don't land close

Regards
Art

·
Super Moderator Platinum Member Zombie Killer
4,047 Posts
He looks like the doofus Iranian Pres without a mustache....think about it...put a wok on Ameniribajab and he looks like this VC dude.....

·
Diamond Bullet Member/Moderator
54,503 Posts
When ever I see pictures like that I always think about being told once that 90% of the VC pistures we see around today were taken from the owner after he was killed. Although I doubt it was a 1000 pounder, I bet most of the guy meeting their end that way were never found ;)

·
Silver Bullet Member
7,674 Posts
It could be a posed picture taken recently. The tunnels of Cu Chi are a tourist and historical site that is in operation today. I was just there in 2006. Plenty of tunnels left and they excavated a few for westerners to crawl through. I did my 150 yards and that was enough. I was on my way to the Angkor Watt ruins in Cambodia going up the Mekong and Tonle Sap rivers.

I served with the 25th Infantry Division and our base camp was at Cu Chi and Tay Ninh. The Cu Chi ex-GI base is now a Vietnamese Army base at the same site. Also a well done War Museum in Ho Chi Minh City (Saigon).

The Killing Fields in Cambodia and S21 prison in a former school are a stunning reminders of the brutality of Pol Pot.

·
Banned
1,430 Posts
I was going to say the exact same thing. Model for a museum, notice the all the strong light

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Naw, the guy was real. In Stanton's "Special Forces at War" on pp 126 - 127 they show several photos of this guy. In one he is on a bamboo cot, wearing an NVA uniform over what looks like his pjs and eating out of his rice bowl. He also has on a pair of US jungle boots. In another photo he is popping out of his spider hole. The photos there are attributed to the USA Military History Institute.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Could it be in a Wax museum?

Note the Mannikin-like hand positions.
Don't look 'alive' to me.

ETA I should have read through the entire thread before I engaged my keyboard and mouse.
SORRY

1 - 12 of 12 Posts