Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
I got a 6 pack. 5 out of 6 bores could be rated as very good. One of the bores is a little nasty looking but I haven't tried cleaning it yet, it may be fine under the crud. 1 out of the 6 stocks was pretty nice, 1 was in typical refurb condition. The other 4 were just as Classic described with some deep scratches and gouges. I think their story of the bayonets sliding around is accurate based on these stocks.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Classic said that when they originally received them that the bayonets were just loose in the box. I'm assuming that being Molots and for the same price that the AIM and Classic ones are from the same or pretty similar shipments.

·
Registered
299 Posts
Well that's going to come down to whether or not the companies are picking through the rifles or if it's truly random luck like they claim with the grade B's. If you go to AIM and buy a regular Mosin it will be a round receiver Izhevsk. Because they charge extra for Tula, Hex, MO, etc which means they're all presorted. With the grade B's, AIM and Classic both claim to have not picked through them. My 6 from Classic were 1938-1943, 2 Tula, 4 Izhevsk.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.