Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bought myself a birthday present
nice mk11 * , have my suspicions that it’s an older restoration but if that’s the case, whoever did it knew what they where doing as all the parts are correct and Enfield manufacture. i love the inletting on the forend, sure it would have been easier to start from new.
Trigger Air gun Gun barrel Shotgun Gun accessory

Musical instrument Wood Metal Nickel Sword

Wood Gas Tints and shades Metal Circle

Tints and shades Font Carbon Cylinder Metal

Bicycle part Nickel Metal Natural material Pipe

Bumper Wood Motor vehicle Gas Automotive tire

Wood Gas Household hardware Auto part Screw

Gun barrel Trigger Air gun Gun accessory Metal

· Registered
601 Posts
Looks great. the only thing I spot is the butt stock is off a .22 Pattern 14 No. 1, which is also a ConD II rifle but converted to a .22 trainer. AG Parker stamped their logo on the bottom of the rifle butts after conversion in 1915-16.

Enjoy

· Registered
6,300 Posts
This rifle is a good representative of how much history a SMLE (or what I refer to them as anyway) can have.

Parts of this rifle could have been at Omdurman in '98 to finish off the fuzzies for good!

Boxer Rebellion 1900....

WWI...endless battles....

WWII....more endless battles.....

It served under VICTORIA.... Edward VII, Edward VIII, George VI, and possibly Elizabeth II.....

Not sure how anyone could want a No. 4 MKI instead a true warhorse like this Enfield!!!!

· Registered
5,493 Posts
It served under VICTORIA.... Edward VII, Edward VIII, George VI, and possibly Elizabeth II.....
Don't do us down - we had another King between Edward VII and VIII

Victiria , Edward VII, George V (ruled 1910 - 1936) Edward VIII, George VI, and possibly Elizabeth II.....

· Registered
8,424 Posts
This rifle is a good representative of how much history a SMLE (or what I refer to them as anyway) can have.

Parts of this rifle could have been at Omdurman in '98 to finish off the fuzzies for good!

Boxer Rebellion 1900....

WWI...endless battles....

WWII....more endless battles.....

Not sure how anyone could want a No. 4 MKI instead a true warhorse like this Enfield!!!!
Gotta watch what and how you say it around here. The British hold their history close to their hearts.
AdE just smacked you. :oops:

In retort, have you any good Welshman jokes? :ROFLMAO: :whistle:

· Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, I’m happy with it.
Yes royal lancashire is what I read too. My best guess is the original mark 11 Medford was downgraded to emergency use(EY) due to the black powder barrel then later became a candidate for conversion thus becoming modern equipment and the EY marking lined out as it was now suitable for cordite loads. I would guess the Australian markings are from post ww1 when a lot of rifles where given to Australia as it’s really similar to my nice LSA.
I did a bit of a photo shoot today with the closest matching 1903, a converted 1888 Wilkinson which I think suits it well.
thanks for the compliments
Wood Brick Mesh Brickwork Wire fencing

Bicycle tire Wood Bicycle fork Bicycle part Rim

Automotive tire Road surface Wood Asphalt Gas

Building Tire Automotive tire Wood Plant

· Registered
1,087 Posts
Yeah, I’m happy with it.
Yes royal lancashire is what I read too. My best guess is the original mark 11 Medford was downgraded to emergency use(EY) due to the black powder barrel then later became a candidate for conversion thus becoming modern equipment and the EY marking lined out as it was now suitable for cordite loads. I would guess the Australian markings are from post ww1 when a lot of rifles where given to Australia as it’s really similar to my nice LSA.
I did a bit of a photo shoot today with the closest matching 1903, a converted 1888 Wilkinson which I think suits it well.
thanks for the compliments View attachment 4064485
View attachment 4064486
View attachment 4064484
View attachment 4064483
Is the nose cap unnumbered?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts