Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Silver Bullet member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As the Mosin collection grows and closets and safes are overfull. I found myself having to get creative to conceall my additions from spousal detection. So the following Ideas I would care to share with my fellow collectors. "You can't see the forest because of the trees" Share your Thoughts and other ideas.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,843 Posts
Here are my contributions to the "art of concealment". My favorites include:

The Mosin floor lamp -

or The Mosin fireplace tool -

Notice how well they blend into their domestic living room surroundings. With a little creative thinking I imagine you could "hide" at least a dozen Mosins in plain sight of your spouse and she'll never notice them ;).

Tim

·
Registered
284 Posts
As the Mosin collection grows and closets and safes are overfull. I found mayself having to get creative to conceall my additions from spousal detection. So the following Ideas I would care to share with my fellow collectors. "You can't see the forest because of the trees" Share your Thoughts and other ideas.
I like the look..looks like it's from the Martha Stewart C&R collection..

·
Diamond w/Oak Clusters and Swords Bullet Member
None of your business.
17,534 Posts
Hide them in plane site...

Oh wait. I don't have a spouse. But if I did, it would be like the one I met at the gun show today. :)

She was walking by and stoped. "I don't have a bolt action!" she said. "I'm here to by ammo, damn you guys!" Big Brother John and I were...stuned? She said she would come back.

Well, at about 3:30pm, there she was. She wanted that bolt action. She looked the the M44 carbines. She looked at the 91/30's. She liked the carbines. Then, she asked, "Why is this on more than that one?" She was asking about the Romanian, as opposed to the Russian. She shouldered both, picking up the Russian, and Romanian. She chose the Rissian because of the lighter stock, and bought it.

Wow! A girl after my own heart. To bad she was already taken. Story of my life. :)

·
Registered
29 Posts
Ah.... "innovative" is the key word here, I think.

Something tells me that the Mrs. will *not* be favorably impressed when she brings some guests over for an unannounced dinner party and finds that you've "creatively rearranged" her cut flower table ornament ;)

·
Registered
1,326 Posts
Once you got 5 or 6 stacked in a corner or behind a door, nobody will notice if you add one at a time. Untill it gets too difficult to open the door that is :)
Brgds,
A

·
Silver Bullet member
974 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Grow some BALL'S and you dont have to hide them from your spouse.mike

Don't take this so seriously. This is all in good humor. My wife signs for delivery when a rifle is delivered with no problem when I am not home.. I guess one of the benefits of a having a great wife!

·
Platinum Bullet Member
1,400 Posts
Many an evening I parked on side of the road about 1/2 mi. from my house waiting on the BBT. When I would see him coming I would flash my lights and he would pull over. Got to where he would pull over without the flash. A couple of times he hollerd out the door "not today see ya tomorrow". Then when I got home, I would take the advice I read here a couple of years ago. I would walk backwards into the house carrying the new unwrapped gun. If she saw me I would say, oh this is a gun I already had I'm taking out to shoot. Once I get into the gunroom I add it to the pile. The MN's all look the same to her. Just like the pocketbooks and shoes do to me. Hey I wonder if she uses these tactics with shoes? She probaly parks 1/2 mi. down the road the other way.;)

1 - 20 of 41 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.