Gunboards Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
81 - 100 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
11,543 Posts
I fear I have no chance to delete and absolutely no chance to re-post my photos here.
0 0 0.png

But if after the upgrade my photos are lost or if I should have no access to my account or to my photos, I will leave the forum, sorry.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
5,990 Posts
You people don't seem to understand you are a guest here and should act as such , I've never been asked to pay for access , the only thing that needs attention is the freedom of speech here or lack of .
A lot of us longtime Minefielders contributed quite a bit of money in the past to help keep this forum going.

·
Gold Bullet member
2,208 Posts
A lot of us longtime Minefielders contributed quite a bit of money in the past to help keep this forum going.
Not just the Minefield guys. I have chipped in on a number of occasions.

·
Diamond Bullet Member
5,990 Posts
Not just the Minefield guys. I have chipped in on a number of occasions.
Didn't mean to insinuate that nobody else did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

·
Gold Bullet member
2,208 Posts
Didn't mean to insinuate that nobody else did.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
I didn't take it that way....I'm home sick today so my replies might be bit off. Sorry. Your point is correct. A lot of us have helped out over the years when Vic said help was needed.

·
Gold Bullet member
10,499 Posts
I hate the changes on those sites.
About two weeks ago I posted about my dislike of the upcoming format, the same as used on another site. I have visited that site, The AK Forum, multiple times a day every day since.

I can say without doubt that I absolutely hate the format in question. It has transformed what was formerly a pleasurable way to waste time on the internet into an unenjoyable and irritating experience. And yet I go back.

There are are only two options. Continue visiting and using the site in hopes that the format becomes tolerable or simply leave and never go back. The AK Forum, Gun Boards, and every other site doesn’t give a damn about what I (or any other individual user) like or doesn’t like. And that’s understandable. They are in business to make money. If a single site in a portfolio of hundreds of other sites withers and dies, oh well, their business will continue.

I visit the sites I visit for two interrelated reasons. To be entertained and to learn something. If the membership here on Gun Boards continues to contribute I believe that it will remain the place to go for knowledge. It’s just not going to be fun anymore and that’s sad.

My choice is to stay, continue to contribute, and hope for the best.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The quick navigation would be great. I have yet to use this on my magic box phone to post mainly because I haven't signed in on it and linked it but I have used to check on threads, it works ok for that.

·
Silver Bullet member
48,792 Posts
this is my first only experience belonging to any site...since 2000, 99?

·
Registered
610 Posts
I’m not sure if there is any connection to these changes, but parts of the regular forum list (like the sections with the Trader boards, site glitch reports forum, etc.) have been “disappearing” on a regular basis. Example: right now, when I click on Forums, I do not see WTS, WTB, etc. They can only be accessed through Google links.

On an unrelated note, I think WTB posts should be allowed in all collecting niche forums - otherwise the chances of posting on WTB and connecting with a potential seller of the specific thing you are looking for are close to zero (but you are very likely to attract scammers). Example: say, I post a WTB for a Remington Mosin bolt handle. What are the chances that someone who actually has one for sale would be scanning the WTB forum posts day after day, year after year until they see my specific ad? Nil. Much more effective to be able to post it on the Mosin forum. Or - to offer an associated WTB board for each niche collecting forum (similar to the separate trader for Japanese gun collectors). Just my two cents...

·
Gold Bullet member
2,208 Posts
I’m not sure if there is any connection to these changes, but parts of the regular forum list (like the sections with the Trader boards, site glitch reports forum, etc.) have been “disappearing” on a regular basis. Example: right now, when I click on Forums, I do not see WTS, WTB, etc. They can only be accessed through Google links.

On an unrelated note, I think WTB posts should be allowed in all collecting niche forums - otherwise the chances of posting on WTB and connecting with a potential seller of the specific thing you are looking for are close to zero (but you are very likely to attract scammers). Example: say, I post a WTB for a Remington Mosin bolt handle. What are the chances that someone who actually has one for sale would be scanning the WTB forum posts day after day, year after year until they see my specific ad? Nil. Much more effective to be able to post it on the Mosin forum. Or - to offer an associated WTB board for each niche collecting forum (similar to the separate trader for Japanese gun collectors). Just my two cents...
The marketplace boards are still there but now they are at the very bottom of the page. Scroll all the way down to find them.

·
Registered
7,037 Posts
Everything is reverting to its "Enhanced Mobile View" today. I am having to request the desktop site for every single thread I open now.

Is this a sign that the time may be upon us?

If only someone could actually tell us when this will be happening.

·
Administrator
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #95
Upgrade hasn't happened yet, but all current setting confusions and section moves are due to us getting ready for the upgrade. Sorry for all headaches. Working on getting us back on even while we wait for the move date

Kevin

·
Administrator
1,582 Posts
Discussion Starter #96
Heya all,

Looking for input on the new banner for the migration. Any recommendations on what models or what you guys would like to see up there, should we keep the same logo, add any flagship firearms?

Let us know your thoughts and what would fit best with the primary focus on the community.

Note the Luger section of the community will migrate to a new domain LugerForums.com and we already have input on that banner.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff M

·
Gold Bullet member
2,208 Posts
I'm in favor of keeping the banner as close to the existing one as possible. The few changes to the site the better.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Heya all,

Looking for input on the new banner for the migration. Any recommendations on what models or what you guys would like to see up there, should we keep the same logo, add any flagship firearms?

Let us know your thoughts and what would fit best with the primary focus on the community.

Note the Luger section of the community will migrate to a new domain LugerForums.com and we already have input on that banner.

Thanks in advance,
Jeff M
Leave the banner the same.

·
Administrator
121 Posts
I want to give you an update on the process I use once the site goes live with the new platform.

The night before the site goes live you will see an announcement from me that the site will be going live soon. Once the actual process starts, the site will be in read-only mode while the team does the migration from the old platform to the new one.

Once it does goes live you will see an announcement thread created (under the admin account) here in this section. All questions and feedback about the new platform should be posted ONLY in that thread. I will be replying to that thread from my own account to introduce myself to y'all again.

I will add a new signature to the admin account, along with updating the admin account avatar.

What should you be doing now before this happens?

• Make sure your email address is up to date in your account. If you don't remember your password, now would be a good time to reset it. Save the information.
  • The link that displays all your attachments on the site will not be available, but all attachments will still be in your posts. It might be worth taking the time to browse through the attachment list to see if you want to add anything from there to your albums for easy access later.
When Will This All Happen?

gunboards.com is currently scheduled for September 21st. HOWEVER, the schedule is very fluid, so that could change depending on any complications or schedule changes. I am simply giving you a heads up. lugerforums.com is expected to move to their own forum the same day.

As your dedicated support, I will be here with you multiple times a day once the site goes live with the new platform, answering questions, and listening to feedback.

My only request is that you remain patient with me while we work through the changes. :)

- Cricket

81 - 100 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.