Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Diamond Bullet Member
1,968 Posts
A few suggestions -

take some better pictures, especially the serial numbers. It is very hard to see anything in your pics.

Repost (or ask mods to move) to the Commercial and Military Sporting Arms Forum ( http://forums.gunboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22 ) There are knowledgeable folks there that can help.

A six digit serial number should put it as made in the early to mid-twenties but the stock is typical of a pre-WWI sporter. My first thought was - pre WWI Model C (Army model) but I think the serial # is too high for that. The dated rec'r is also throwing me.

My apologies, I don't know much about the sporters and don't have any books with me.

An original Oberndorf sporter is a great find, hopefully others will be along to help more than I.

· Diamond Bullet Member
1,968 Posts
First thought was right - Model C hunting rifle. The serial number should be between 50,000 and 60,000 (approx).

"MAUSER: Original Oberndorf Sporting Rifles" is a great book with lots of info about your rifle.

Sorry, I am no help on your value question.

· Registered
1,092 Posts
Hello,

Rifle was made in 1912 reason for date on top. The rifles is a Model B. you will also find out that this rifle has a intermediate receiver and NOT a standard K98k Length. All 7x57 of this time were made on them. you seem to have all the correct features with pics shown but better pics are need to further information. IF all is matching and correct more photos will help the value of your rifle is 1500-1800. this rifle IS NOT a USA import of the time.
good luck.

later
vaughn

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.