Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not long ago an old timer buddy of mine got a decent colt revolver in trade. Turned out the deal was too good to be true as the serial was buffed off the frame and crane and blued over. I destroyed the frame and saved every last part - I mean every last part !. He asked me to sell the bits for him. I hit a brick wall on that. When I went to give him his parts back he said "oh just keep'em". I gave the bag o'parts to a buddy for Xmas. Now he's all fired up to put it together as a shooter again. Here's the problem...nobody but nobody I have contacted via phone or net has a stripped frame for a colt police positive special.
Two parts places even told me they usually destroy such pistol frames as they don't sell often and it makes their books more tidy not having all those papered "worthless" frames laying about. Anyhow whom has a lead on such a thing I could pursue to help my buddy out ?.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.