Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

In this moment I’m working on an old Colt (“new line”) but something is missing in the mechanism!

The cylinder is not revolving when I activate the hammer, so maybe the missing part/s is a spring or something like that. - Can anyone of you tell me what I need, or have any of you an exploded drawing of the model?

Swift

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Berkley.

I can imagine me that the arm as turns the cylinder (red arrow) is spring influenced in the arrows direction. But the spring is missing on my Colt – how did it look?

And the small part that guides and locks the cylinder in the right firing position (yellow arrow) is also missing. I assume it’s impossible to find that kind of parts today – or?

So – is it possible to make some Macro pictures of these two missing parts. Then I’ll try to make them myself!

Swift

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for all the information.

I can now begin to form me a picture of how the pieces work, and how it´s possible for me to produce them.

My problem is that I live in Denmark, so although the parts is available in America, I can´t get them shipped to Denmark.

I´ll keep you informed!

Swift

· Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks you buckyjr!

I have no problem by making the spring, and it works fine!

The angel of milling groove for the handsprings (on this model) tells me that the springs place is above the screw.

The spring was easy to make, but the “Cylinder stop bolt” looks a bit more difficult. I would be very grateful if I could have some measurements on this part.

Swift

1 - 5 of 5 Posts