Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3,554 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was offered this collection yesterday, have to let him know ASAP. The problem - he wants me to come up with prices.......... What should I offer ?????
All are unfired, in excellent as new condition.

1. Set of 3 factory engraved automatics, a Jr., 1903, and a Hi-Power. In original Presentation box.

2. A pair od Single Action Armys, consecutive s/n's, new in boxes, I beleive he said from 1952.

3. A Python Target in .38, longer barrel.

All beautiful pistols, my main interest is in the SAA's. What do you guys think ?????

I will be on the road today - if any good price opinions, please post them here or call me at 702-416-4800.
Thanks,
Rick

Attachments

·
Gold Bullet Member/Moderator/Administrator/
27,668 Posts
I know I'm out of my league here, but having watched Python auctions recently, and knowing what SAA's go for, the bunch at over 10K wouldn't surprise me one bit. Especially the consecutive #'s, NIB. Colt collectors would fight for those.

·
Registered
327 Posts
I'm close to Limpetmine.......If you want to buy the lot, and sell everything but the SAA's, offer 8000......go to 8500 without too much hesitation.....9000 is pushing
it as far as "great deals" go though..........value is probably near 10-11K. Hopefully the seller realises that there are a finite number of people ready to drop that much cash
on his "things"..........

·
Registered
1,301 Posts
I'm in a similar situation with a friend in the process of liquidating his dad's estate with a group of guns. I gave him a retail, mid-range wholesale and "collectors" value, ie, somewhere between the two. I have interest in only one of the pieces. He came back and asked me for an offer for the group. My reply was no, he needs to give me a number, I may or may not step up, bottom line, get as much as he can for the group. We'll still be good friends but I don't want to pay his mortgage.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.