Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
195 Posts
M, Check the ID Pages at http://www.coolgunsite.com/.

Nice looking pistol. I think it has been refinished. I have one, circa Mar 45 manufacture, that has been refinished. This lowers collector value. Just a guess at value would be $1000-1300 depending on correctness you determine at coolgunsite. Have the disassembled weapon in front of you and go thru the info part by part.

Regardless, of what you find, it is a nice fireable WWII item. A new spring from Wolf would be a good thing to install before firing. Keep the original.

Regards, Ray

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The finish should be original, judging by the difference in parkerization color, feeding ramp in withe and the absence of arsenal rebuild markings.
The barrel, due our past law about military calibers, has been reworked in .45 HP, while the magazine is marked L instead C.
What do I have to check to verify if she is original or refurbished?

·
Registered
195 Posts
Hi again, Zio is correct. I noticed the heat treating mark but disregarded it because I mistakenly thought my refinished pistol still had that "discoloration". Oops! Anyway, that means if all else is ok, the value jumps. A correct barrel and proper mag can be found. Check the CPS Shopper at the .45 Pistol board. FWIW, I think I have read somewhere that arsenal rebuild marks were not always applied. Check coolgunsite to make sure I'm correct on this and go through the ID pages. I wish we could swap pistols! Regards, Ray

·
Registered
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you very much! Browsing coolgunsite, everything seems correct (except barrel and mag): the slide bears the same s/n under the firing pin stop and all the small parts are checkered. Grips are correct too. If the finish is original... I was very lucky!

Thanks again rayj, I will check the CSP shopper for the other correct parts.

Regards,

Marzio

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.