Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was bidding on this one last night and dropped out around $550. I could only find one thread about the Nickel Finish. Was this done by Colombia or Importer. Also the stock refinishing arsenal or after export? It looked nice and the crest was sharp but I didn't know enough about it to risk anymore. What do these typically go for?

http://www.gunbroker.com/item/614557671

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
not well informed about something like this for value. pics do show clearly this was buffed and refinished after the metal had heavy wear;perhaps arsenal work and perhaps Bubba's. Who knows? it is a scarce version and that's why it had bidding interest.the condition is not interesting.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I myself would have stopped at $150. Looks like ALL metal was dipped in vinegar for a week then mercilessly buffed to death, EXCEPT the barrel?????????? I'm fairly certain its on the rare side. I'm far from an expert on these. There are too many obvious questions on this one.

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
Well, that is not a nickle finish it is bare metal. Heavy wear, buff the shit out of it, and I would have to agree - it is a $150 rifle. I had an original one in excellent shape, back in the old days when I had my Mauser collection. based on the sale price of this one mine would be worth $2500.

·
Platinum Bullet Member and Certified Curmudgeon
15,946 Posts
I would be torn between the matching numbers and the pimp shine. I think I prefer my version, mismatched with patina. The shine hurts my eyes.

Attachments

·
Diamond Bullet Member
2,464 Posts
I bid on it and dropped out.Super hard to find.Didn't seem pitted like the ones I have seen.At least the stock was original.Seen some actions in Vz-24 or FN 30 stocks.I have the G-29o but never owned the 1934 Steyr

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So there were originals with Nickel Plating? Is there any unissued examples?

·
15,946 Posts
So there were originals with Nickel Plating? Is there any unissued examples?

I would not count on there being any nickel plated, especially not originals.

·
15,946 Posts
I bid on it and dropped out.Super hard to find.Didn't seem pitted like the ones I have seen.At least the stock was original.Seen some actions in Vz-24 or FN 30 stocks.I have the G-29o but never owned the 1934 Steyr
The first Steyr Colombian M12/34 I had (since sold) came in a replacement stock that was originally made so that it could be used with either an M12/34 or a VZ24 rifle.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.