Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I was at the local shop today and ran into a fella talking with the clerk. He was showing him some photos of some rifles that his friend has up in the U.P. of Michigan. He said his friend has EVERY variation of the K98. Any WW1 or WW2 rifle that was made. German 43s. Everything. He had photos and his basement was complete full including the walls. This guy has over 900 rifles.
Now of course I gave him my contact information and pleaded with the guy to give it to his friend but who knows. He said he won't sell anything but I thought it was worth a try.
This guys also has stacks of samuri swords also. Unreal.

·
Copper Bullet member
5,390 Posts
Great collection until you die and your relatives sell off everything piecemeal and there goes the collection. We are only temporary curators of our collections.

·
Gold Bullet member
4,816 Posts
He's obviously serious about his collecting and it's not surprising that he isn't interested in selling. Just a bit surprised that he is 'advertising' his collection. Hope he has a good security system...

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
his friend who was at the shop refused to give out contact information so he is a true friend. who knows, maybe he will take them to the grave with him. if he said come on up and take your pick i would be up there in a heart beat.

·
Silver Bullet member
1,423 Posts
Award,
You and I would race t get there and, uh, I live in the U.P.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
billin indiana, i live in central wisconsin. was stationed at K.I. Sawyer A.F.B. from 87 to 91. i hated the winters working on the flight line.

postings are subjective and i in no way could let out information that would allow anyone to pinpoint a gun target like that.

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
bill, sawyer got closed down in 92 or 93 i believe. it was a SAC base. nuclear weapons, etc. i worked the flightline as an aircraft electrician. long long long cold nights i tell you.

sawyer was just south of marquette, mi.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.