Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's something for the new board ... my collection of CZ pistols.

In order from left to right, top to bottom: CZ24 (1930/31), CZ27 (undated), CZ38 (1939), CZ50 (1950), CZ52 (1953), CZ70 (1972) and CZ82 (1989).

A CZ22 and CZ36 (or 45) are still on my wish list. I'm not really into the modern CZs (75, etc) and only got the 82 because it was C&R :)

I've shot them all except for the 82 which hasn't had a chance to get to the range yet. After doing some online research I was worried about the 38 "disassembling" itself with recoil, but that was not the case. It was actually fun to shoot with decent accuracy though a bit awkward to handle.

The CZ50 has an unusual hammer that appears to have been scavenged from some other pistol, though I've never figured out what.

Feel free to post your own.

LL

·
Registered
449 Posts
Awesome!!!

For whatever reason I think the CZ-24 is the coolest pistol...but I love my CZ-82!

Thanks for sharing.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Collection

LL,
Very nice collection.

You have the same interest as myself, love the older CZ pistols but not much for the newer ones. Your comments on the M38 were interesting. I have read the same about them having a tendency to "disassemble" themselves upon firing. How was the trigger pull, that is another knock I read about them?

I'll post pictures of my group as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Thanks for the post
Pat

·
Registered
658 Posts
That's an awesome group! I certainly can't compete with that, but here are my two:

·
Registered
658 Posts
LL,
I'll post pictures of my group as soon as I figure out how to do it.

Thanks for the post
Pat
I just figured it out myself. If you upload them directly onto the board, you get the small thumbnails on the bottom of your post. If you link to a photo site (I use Photobucket) you can link the full size pictures right in to your post like I did.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Have many CZ pistols.Wierd one is the CZ 38.Way over built,seems most CZ's are.Come on,cz-52,roller locking barrel on a pistol!Designed for a machine gun.Those Czechs sure know how to build firearms!

·
Registered
18 Posts
How do you determine the date of manufacture for a CZ70? The instructions I was given was to look for two digits next to the stamp on the left rear of the slide, but I'm not finding anything....?

Thanks!

Jay1958

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks for all of the replies. I forgot to subscribe to my own thread and kinda forgot about it :eek:

It's been a while since I shot the 38, so I don't remember it's trigger pull. It wasn't too bad because I was able to group it okay, but I think it was a little stiff.

How do you determine the date of manufacture for a CZ70? The instructions I was given was to look for two digits next to the stamp on the left rear of the slide, but I'm not finding anything....?

Thanks!

Jay1958
I'm pretty sure that's what I went by, but I'll get it out and check when I get home tonight.

LL

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I found the year stamp on the left of the slide back under the rear sight (see below picture).

My understanding of CZ pistols is that this is the military/police acceptance stamp that usually is the same as the manufacture year, but not always.

LL

1 - 14 of 14 Posts