·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ronin48 = Eloldehombre = namban
Gunboards.Com Gold Star Member
3670 Posts
Posted - 02/06/2006 : 10:16:50 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This weekend closed out a 20+ year love affair with the Carcano. A good friend from Lubbock Texas drove over and purchased my "skeleton" collection, the best-of-the-best of the 150+ Carcanos I once owned. The 91s were all pre 1900. Nice 91/24, the youth rifle has a sling and brass plate, with a WW I, KIA soldier's name and place of death, on the stock. There was the early ("prototype") 38 with long handguard, all the 7.35s including the TS carbine, and the 41 had the grooves in the front sight for the sight hood. He also purchased 25-30 b'nets, all scab, config of the 91, all 38 folders includidng the latch model, non folders, all three g'nade configurations, books, equipment, everything I had except a Carcano sporter and an 8mm cav carbine I'm holding on to for a while. I was "caretaker" for two decades, now it's his turn. But am still collecting Vetterlis!

Arditi
Gunboards Super Premium Member
443 Posts
Posted - 02/07/2006 : 11:01:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for the opportunity of a lifetime Doss. The quality of the rifles are astounding! I now here dub this collection in my care the "Doss White Collection". I have written a bit more on this collecting adventure on the Japanese boards under the "Arisaka misc" header.

Here are the rifles from the "skeleton" collection...Thanks Doss!

http://old.gunboards.com/uploaded/Arditi/20062723129_CarcanoRifles.jpg
Download Attachment:
206.84 KB

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Collecting History: From Eloldehombre to Mowbray

Ronin48
Posted - 02/12/2007 : 5:55:30 PM
Stuart Mowbray, "Man AY Arms" publisher bought my Vett collection, Stew is in R.I. Anyone from New England going to SOS and be willing to transport 9 rifles/bayonets and a barreled action back to your home? Would prefer to avoid the UPS beavers that attack stocks.

B'nets, barreled action and one rifle, a "Vett sporter!" could be shipped.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts