1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought it from Cole's (drove up there when I used to work S. KY;
very nice people let me choose between two rifles that were brought up
to the office for me. Anyway, got it out today looking it over
and couldn't find a date on the scope. Are they all dated or not?
It is re-arsenaled, with the mount EP'd to match the scope and
old scope number lined thru on rifle, new scope Sn stamped in.
Never shot this in the five or so years I've had it.
I think its an Izzy. Anything I should look for?

·
Registered
518 Posts
Enjoy your rifle more-shoot it.

The first character in your scope serial number is a Cryllic B not a 5. I believe scope maker is Leningrad optical. The symbol above the serial is meant to represent an optical lens. Looks WWII to me. Mount blueing is era-correct. Backside of mount will have circular milling marks if it was made in WWII era.

Zeroing: Make certain the action screws are properly tightened first. When you zero this rifle, remember that the coarse adjustment for elevation is in the mount itself-two screws toward the rear of the base. Set the turret elevation knob to zero and adjust at the screws in base first. These screws are fairly sensitive in regulating elevation changes. One or two 360 degree rotations is all that will be needed. Fine tune with turrets.

These rifles are accurate with good ammo. Use eastern bloc 182 grain yellow tip military surplus if possible. WWW.Aimsurplus.com has some in stock currently. It is corrosive ammo so after shooting run three very wet Windex patches down bore, dry bore thoroughly and finish with Hoppe's 9 or equivalent. Good luck!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thanks for the info guys! It does have the circular milling marks on the back of mount.
I happen to have some of the Yugo brass cased heavy ball. Not my favorite to shoot, though.
It really will put a beating on your shoulder when shooting it!
I may find the time to go out and shoot this beauty over the weekend!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.