Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Gary had a bunch of .22 rifles..bolt action and semi auto. Ranged from CZ Brno..earliest date E Lion 48 to Winchesters, Remingtons and Stevens. A couple of US PROPERTY Mossbergs had been gleaned out. I snagged an ERMA .22 that looks like an M1 carbine. It was actually in very good condition and made in 1970. None of the rifles were Israeli marked but many had hang tags that were in Hebrew.

View attachment 11893

View attachment 11894

View attachment 11895

·
Platinum Bullet Member/Moderator
2,887 Posts
Please clean it completely as my fingerprints are on it as well. I am glad you got it. I looked at it but wanted the BSA Armatic .22 autoloader and a Winchester M69 .22 with factory receiver sight more. I was told the ones without Israeli tags were from a police evidence room. Their condition was outstanding.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Is the Erma trainer marked?

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
None of the .22's with the tags in Hebrew had any markings to indicate Israeli acceptance. The Erma just has the eagle N commercial and other German proofs. The scope of .22's represented was pretty good...I never saw the BSA.. breakeyp did you snag it?

·
2,887 Posts
None of the .22's with the tags in Hebrew had any markings to indicate Israeli acceptance. The Erma just has the eagle N commercial and other German proofs. The scope of .22's represented was pretty good...I never saw the BSA.. breakeyp did you snag it?
Yes, I bought the BSA and the Winchester. The winchester needs repair after I got it home. The plastic tie prevented bolt closure to determine that the safety does not work.
I am very happy with the BSA as the Book of Rifles states that less than 5000 were made. The double stack magazine is very odd and is a friction fit. There is no positive catch to retain the mag.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
2,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went back and snagged that BSA Sportsman. It had some surface rust that is being addressed with 0000 wool and Kroil. Except for the external finish cosmetic issues..the rifle is quite good..nice wood...that grooved butt..faux butt plate is neat. Brian Dick has a rear peep sight for it.

·
2,887 Posts
I am glad it went to someone who will appreciate and take care of it. Mr. Cole told me the BSAs were priced low as he felt there was no collector interest. Good for us I guess.

·
Platinum Bullet member
3,393 Posts
Like the others said the tag is an Israeli police property tag. I got a Finnish Lahti some years ago with a similar tag.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts