Gunboards Forums banner

Cocking lever situation

2K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  cevgunner 
#1 · (Edited)
Well, I pulled el Choppo out this evening. Haven't shot my stainless steel reciever Cetme in about 11 months!!!

So I grabbed the cocking handle tonight and started working it back inforth to just "loosen" things up. After about 15 rapid cycles of the CH I secured the CH in it's opened position and then let it "fly" home. The satisfing whack was what I heard, but what I saw was the cocking lever was not fully secured in it's "locked" position on the cocking tube.

What gives?? Anyone care to help me out? :eek:

el Gaucho

#3 ·
plan on breaking her down this weekend to take a closer look. Brought her from CAI as an early production stainless receiver model. Has been a great rifle! Has the Bill Springfield trigger job. Hope the pic works (she's the on in the middle)

#5 ·
Hey guys, sorry if this is a really stupid question. I have a CIA Cetme, she shoots very accurately with tight grouping, but have seen better quality with the welds and such. Still, quite happy. However, she is a real B*tch to cock. Roughly equivalant to my Thompson, only a longer pull, obviously. And I am a pretty big guy. Is this just me or is something wrong, any suggestions? Thanks, Marvell.

#7 ·
Hey Marvell ;

It`s never a bad thing to ask ! Have you flushed out the charging handle tube with brake cleaner and a 20ga. bore brush ? May be dirt , might have a weld goober intruding in the path of the handle , may have a slight kink in the tube. Also , pull the handguard off , look at the back side of the charging handle tube - there`s a hole opposite the handle slot , at the chamber end. Check to see if the pivot pin for your charging handle is dragging. Tap it back with a hammer and punch , carefully , and stake it with a center punch if it is loose.

Check your recoil spring guide, see that it is straight. If it rubs , that may cause a bit of grief. Also , look at the post " Cocking handle spring tension " - may be some useful stuff there , as well.

PM me if I can help further.

cevgunner

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.