Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
*** PLEASE DO NOT REPLY TO THIS EMAIL ADDRESS. THIS IS AN AUTOMATED ACCOUNT
AND REPLIES WILL NOT BE READ ***

INTERNATIONAL HARVESTER CORPORATION M1 GARANDS. CMP currently has 511 Service Grade IHC M1 Garand rifles (with LMR barrels) available for purchase. The CMP North and CMP South stores will be allocated 64 of these rifles each. The balance of 383 rifles will be reserved for mail order purchase. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCSLMR, is $975 plus $29.95 S&H. CMP also has 384 Service grade IHC M1 Garand rifles that do not have LMR barrels. Price of these rifles, CMP item number RM1IHCS, is $925 plus $29.95 S&H. Please note that the only part on either of these two item numbers guaranteed to be the IHC is the receiver. Purchasers are limited to only one IHC M1 Garand per customer. Mail orders will be accepted immediately until enough orders are received to allocate the current inventory. Rifles will be available at the stores on 5 June, 2014. We do still have approximately 2,000 IHC rifles to inspect and repair and make ready for sale. We expect the next partial IHC release to be in November, 2014, but it may be sooner.

M1 GARAND GRADE "C" STRIPPED RECEIVERS. CMP is now offering for sale several hundred Springfield Armory Stripped grade C receivers. The receivers are stripped and do not have sights or any other parts. These receivers have all been reparkerized and have a uniform finish but will have some pitting above and below the wood line and some of the engraving / stamping may be worn and difficult to read. None of these defects should affect proper functioning if built up into a complete rifle. Item number is RM1RECSAC. Price is $125 plus $9.95 S&H.

RIFLE S&H CHARGES INCREASED. Effective immediately S&H charges for rifle shipments are increased from $24.95 to $29.95. All orders received prior to 9 June, 2014 will be charged the current S&H of $24.95.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I faxed in an order for one, but realized that I have to mail it in, I hope UPS will accept a pickup on Saturday for next day delivery (for Monday). I am traveling and in airports today, so crossing my fingers that I will be able to get one.

·
Banned
155 Posts
$900+ and you might only get a IHC receiver, no thank you. I ordered 11 HRAs and will strip every one of them to parts and then start building them back up. I did this before and have ended up with a number of brand new SAs and HRAs and then sold the left overs for profit. If I buy 11or12 in the year, I normally end up with 2 mint rifles that are free. I would never attempt to do this with IHCs., you know the best ones will end up with CMP insiders or CMP auctions.

A pure SA or HRA is something to brag about, mix master IHC is still a mix master.

I faxed in an order for one, but realized that I have to mail it in, I hope UPS will accept a pickup on Saturday for next day delivery (for Monday). I am traveling and in airports today, so crossing my fingers that I will be able to get one.

·
Registered
738 Posts
I have always recognized that there was arbitrage in cmp pricing vs market, but never considered doing what you are doing, are your results correct, of just "mint"? Does 12 HRA's in service grade generally equal 2 correct?

Is it about as much work as building an AR?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
$900+ and you might only get a IHC receiver, no thank you. I ordered 11 HRAs and will strip every one of them to parts and then start building them back up. I did this before and have ended up with a number of brand new SAs and HRAs and then sold the left overs for profit. If I buy 11or12 in the year, I normally end up with 2 mint rifles that are free. I would never attempt to do this with IHCs., you know the best ones will end up with CMP insiders or CMP auctions.

A pure SA or HRA is something to brag about, mix master IHC is still a mix master.
Guess you dont know IHC rifles very well. $975 gets you a IHC with correct barrel, $925 and only gauranteed IHC part is the receiver. Both of these are priced hundreds under the going rate

·
Platinum Bullet Member
58,987 Posts
I have always recognized that there was arbitrage in cmp pricing vs market, but never considered doing what you are doing, are your results correct, of just "mint"? Does 12 HRA's in service grade generally equal 2 correct?

Is it about as much work as building an AR?

as easy, with the exception of a barrel change, and that can be done in a garage w/o a ton of tools,

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for posting Tom. Great deal on the IHCs.
Honestly I'm more interested in the stripped receivers. Have several IHC rifles already, but think the rush to get one is going to be real fun to hear about.

Also - remember when I was way down on the CMP's email list. My friend's were getting their emails 2 days before I did. Consider this an attempt to level the playing field a little more.

·
Copper Bullet Member
124 Posts
I just got an email from the CMP saying the Harvesters are all sold out by mail. I was watching for them to go on the sales portion of the website but they never did. I guess you had to call them up to order? Very strange if you ask me. I wonder how many guys will be in line Thursday morning.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
. I was watching for them to go on the sales portion of the website but they never did. I guess you had to call them up to order? Very strange if you ask me.
Nothing strange about it, you had to send a order form by mail
They didnt put them on the website as there wasnt many to go around. Sales were announced on the forum and e-mails sent out to those who subscribe to them

·
Registered
6,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Gets more interesting.

Seems Comcast prevented/blocked the sales announcement. So a lot of people didn't get it.

Not a rumour, but direct from Orest on the CMP Forum.

Comcast taking a side on the 2nd Amendment???? Maybe time for some to change their service????

·
Copper Bullet Member
124 Posts
Nothing strange about it, you had to send a order form by mail
They didnt put them on the website as there wasnt many to go around. Sales were announced on the forum and e-mails sent out to those who subscribe to them
Well that's the first time I've heard of that. I did received my email like everyone else on Friday and by 3:06 today they announced they were sold out. The only possible way to have gotten my order in would have been to send it overnight express. Now I know. By the way I was at the CMP North on Saturday and there was not a single M1 on the floor other than snipers and 308 conversions. It really looks like we could be nearing the end of the CMP as we know it with no further M1 imports expected.

·
Silver Bullet Member
1,080 Posts
It really looks like we could be nearing the end of the CMP as we know it with no further M1 imports expected.
Hardly. They recently received ~8,800 Garands from the Turkish military, and are in negotiations for the return of many thousands more. (Turkey received a total of around 150,000 Garands from the US over the years.) Plus, they still haven't exhausted their stockpiles of Greek return Garands.

Supply isn't a problem at this point. It just takes time to unpack, grade, and catalog all the rifles waiting in the warehouse.

As I've posted before:

There were nearly 30 countries that were loaned M1 Garands and M1 Carbines, including Argentina, Austria, Brazil, Denmark, El Salvador, Ethiopia, France, Germany, Greece, Haiti, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Jordan, Laos, Norway, Pakistan, Panama, Paraguay, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, South Korea, Vietnam, Thailand, Turkey, Uruguay and Venezuela. In the last 20 years, they've received some or all of the Garands and Carbines back from Austria, Denmark, Germany, Greece, Paraguay, Uruguay, El Salvador, Italy, and now Turkey. So that means that there should still be stocks of them in the other countries. Some of those countries will most likely never return any, such as Iran and Venezuela, due to the current diplomatic climate. And undoubtedly some of the rifles have been lost through attrition and neglect, especially the ones in Central/South America and Southeast Asia. But there's still hope that a number of them will be returned in the future.
As will all surplus rifles, the end is coming. But it ain't here yet.

·
Platinum Bullet Member
58,987 Posts
Gets more interesting.

Seems Comcast prevented/blocked the sales announcement. So a lot of people didn't get it.

Not a rumour, but direct from Orest on the CMP Forum.

Comcast taking a side on the 2nd Amendment???? Maybe time for some to change their service????
that is interesting, I have Comcast and did not get the announcement

I'll have to check when the last email came thru, thinking it was last week, but cannot remember, (at work, cannot check outlook till I get home)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts