Gunboards Forums banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,647 Posts
they primary sell Garands though mail order.....only reason they have "stores" in Camp Perry, Ohio and Anniston, Al. is because that is where the returned Garands come into and Ohio is where the CMP national matches are held

overall, they don't have high volume sales in those "stores" like they do in mail order

·
Registered
406 Posts
I live about three hours from the North Store. In years past, I made many trips there for the matches and to go shopping at the store. Bought an M1 carbine, 2 '03's, a Garand, and a few CASES of surplus Lake City 30.06 over several years. The hard part was picking a rifle from hundreds on the racks. I miss those days, and grateful for that experience.

·
Registered
406 Posts
It was at least that long ago...near the end of the FAT32 carbines inventory. Called to see if they had a NPM with a "U" code....subcontracted from Union Switch & Signal. I grew up not far from that plant. Turned out they had one, and they held it for me. Drove up the next day.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have been watching the CMP forum reports....seems like they do have everchanging stock there and like everything else this Virus has messed things up. Kicking around the idea of traveling out there as it would be a great place to visit!!! Hope you make the visit!

·
Silver Bullet Member
5,863 Posts
Wife and I stopped in 5 years ago. It was interesting, but I think I was about 10 in line to get in the door Everyone else seemed to know just where the good ones were at, so things were pretty picked over by the time I got a clue as to what was there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.