Gunboards Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anybody have any info on the condition of the CMP field grade m1d's. i'm interested in getting one but i'm unsure if it is worth it.

·
Registered
918 Posts
I saw them at the South Store. I only looked at one and they did not look "special" aside from being a M1D. My impression was that the grading was consistent with the regular M1s.

As to whether they are worth the $$$ I can't say. You'd have to answer that one yourself.

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
For what you will have to spend to acquire the components to complete the rifle, you will be better served taking the time to find and buy a complete M1D. The Field Grade M1Ds are definitely graded correctly and not undergraded.

If you go the CMP route, plan on spending approximately another $1000 obtaining the rest of the components... beware of inexpensive M84 scopes... they are inexpensive for a reason... internal rust, paint flaking off the inside of the tube, rendering the scope difficult to use. A really nice M84 will run in the $500-700 range. M2 flash hiders are getting expensive also.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I bought a field grade and like the rifle pretty good but traded it for a Hakim from Slimtim. Then turned around and sold it to a member in Cali. Took the money and bought a carbine. Overall a field grade it worth it.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Any grade is worth the price you pay at the CMP. No, I'm not an employee, but I feel any bargain is worth telling the general public about and this is a bargin... Buy it now and don't look back!

·
Registered
1,666 Posts
27 months pass and NOW you want to know if he bought one? Man, where have you been since September 2007???

You seem to thrive on digging up long dead threads... and subsequently add NOTHING to the discussion. Not one single tangible bit of information.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, you certainly have not spent the past 27 months in english class.

Shove off, pal.
English class?

Gee Deputy Dan, I didn't realize that you are in charge of Kevin's affairs. All I did was inquire if he ever did purchase an M1D. The question was not derogatory or offensive. The reason, if you must know why I asked, is because a friend of mine is selling two of them. So go back to your hole you came out of and bugger off yourself.

It was an A-B conversation....C yourself out of it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts